[So]hello from earth[or text another planet]

Code4

BP's Pimpx
Veteran XV
HelloFromEarth.net | Gliese 581d | National Science Week 2009

This site is collecting messages that will be transmitted to Gliese 581d, a planet outside our Solar System which may support life. Comments are moderated: inappropriate messages will de rejected, and messages must be in English (so we can evaluate them).

Register here to send your message before the deadline: 5pm Monday 24 August 2009 Sydney time (07:00 GMT Monday 24 August 2009)

How is the real estate market up there?
Silence1712
Kochi, India

Do You Know Allah SWT and Muhammad SAW? Allah SWT is our God and Muhammad SAW is our Prophet.
Rachman Iskandar
Jakarta, Indonesia

Hello guys, do you permit immigration?
Mozhe Luo
Nanjing, China

May support life != probably has intelligent life capable of receiving said transmisison

But is it not worth a shot? I mean, if their are aliens that have receivers, dont you want your voice BOOMING over their loudspeakers to their leaders.

Say something that can have to meanings. One that is acceptable for this purpose, and the other in a disgustingly sexual, racist type of way way.

I'd think if they are advance enough to recieve all the transmissions we've been sending out over the years. We'd have picked up some of their stray transmissions.

I'd bet my last 100 dollar bill in my wallet that they are face palming in their own way right this minute.

I like to think that Aliens will learn everything they need to know about us from watching "Who's the boss?".

This makes me think Earth is getting bombarded by all kinds of messages from beyond, but we are still not advanced enough to receive them.

There's dumb & then there's reallly dum

According to Stephen Hawking, this idea would fall into the latter

After enough distance, any signals would probably be lost in the cosmic microwave background radiation.

thats why you have to bounce the signal off the emitter array and buffer it with slightly greasy tachyons. that will allow the signal to travel further with less degradation!

Why not just have the signal hyperventillate and flood its bloodstream with oxygen and then be as efficient as possible?

Back