Honeymoon thread

Gwaihir

Veteran XX
What are some good locations for a honeymoon in the Late february/Early March timeframe.

Preferably near the water and with a budget of around 10k

Did a Mediterranean cruise with Princess late June...was hot...might be a good time to go then...price range is about right..maybe 12k.

all inclusives in the carribean are super cheap now, you can get like 10 days including airfare for 5 grand total for 2 people.

all inclusives in the carribean are super cheap now, you can get like 10 days including airfare for 5 grand total for 2 people.

Yeah I found this out, and am considering it. The main problem I have is time in that I only have 7 days total to use. I'm thinking about doing one of the all inclusives that would fit into that timeframe and then in a year or so around the first anniversary take the real honeymoon to tahiti or something where I can afford the nearly 2 days of travel.

I went on a Mediterranean cruise for my honey moon. left from barcelona, hit up the west coast of italy.

airline tickets were $1,300 a piece round trip, 7 days in a balcony room on a Norwiegen Cruise Lines ship was $1,100 a piece. Whole thing for ~$7k after all extra expenses. Left on a saturday morning and arrived back at home the following sunday evening after the cruise. so not a whole lot of time was wasted traveling.

BUT if you're looking for a nice little place to stay for a week on a honeymoon i highly recommend Sorrento Italy, that place was badass... its near naples so you have all the touristy things like mount vesuvius (pompeii) or the island of capri is just off the mainland in that area.

pics of sorrento:

44_positano-beach.jpg

A-Street-in-Sorrento.jpg

www.globosapiens.net--italy--id=13561.jpg

2345119-View_on_the_Bay_of_Sorrento_from_Capo_di_Sorrento-Sorrento.jpg

island of capri (which is also pretty awesome, but you'd be less mobile - having to take the ferry to the mainland):
capri_005p.jpg

Picture%20014.jpg

m_1025612a.jpg

19126399.jpg

here's a map so you can get the idea of where these places are in relation to each other

sorrento-capri-italy-italy.gif

P.S. the Mediterranean water is the bluest blue i have ever seen.... and i'm colorblind. truly amazing.

Last edited:
I got a front runner on St Lucia. Jade Mountain St Lucia - Caribbean's Most Romantic Luxury Resort and/or its sister resort ANSE CHASTANET RESORT St Lucia, Caribbean's romantic resort hideaway. Has anyone been to St Lucia or even better one of those resorts that can answer some questions?

coincidentally my wife's cousins both took their wives there for their honeymoons - i dont believe they intentionally planned to go to the same place. I remember them talking about how they each went to the different ones, like one went to that 1st one and the other went to the sister resort.

I do remember that they both agreed that one was better, but i dont recall which because i wasnt really paying attention when they were talking about it because i really didnt give a shit.

I went on a Mediterranean cruise for my honey moon. left from barcelona, hit up the west coast of italy.

airline tickets were $1,300 a piece round trip, 7 days in a balcony room on a Norwiegen Cruise Lines ship was $1,100 a piece. Whole thing for ~$7k after all extra expenses. Left on a saturday morning and arrived back at home the following sunday evening after the cruise. so not a whole lot of time was wasted traveling.

BUT if you're looking for a nice little place to stay for a week on a honeymoon i highly recommend Sorrento Italy, that place was badass... its near naples so you have all the touristy things like mount vesuvius (pompeii) or the island of capri is just off the mainland in that area.

pics of sorrento:

44_positano-beach.jpg

A-Street-in-Sorrento.jpg

www.globosapiens.net--italy--id=13561.jpg

2345119-View_on_the_Bay_of_Sorrento_from_Capo_di_Sorrento-Sorrento.jpg

island of capri (which is also pretty awesome, but you'd be less mobile - having to take the ferry to the mainland):
capri_005p.jpg

Picture%20014.jpg

m_1025612a.jpg

19126399.jpg

here's a map so you can get the idea of where these places are in relation to each other

sorrento-capri-italy-italy.gif

P.S. the Mediterranean water is the bluest blue i have ever seen.... and i'm colorblind. truly amazing.
holy shit that looks amazing.

For a Honeymoon maybe the Keys? I've never been there, but when I asked about Honeymoon locations that's where most people pointed me (as far as cost and quality are concerned and saftey with all the travel advisories and what not).

For a future vacation/get away I'd say Brisbane, Australia (my friend in the Navy is there right now and says he likes it better than any other place he's been to in Australia).

10k is the budget i am setting for my wedding

i suspect the woman might disagree

Depends on the woman. She asked me for a budget and I said 10k and she said that was too much, and would rather spend money on a honeymoon. So our honeymoon will run 2-3 K more than the actual wedding.

10k is the budget i am setting for my wedding

i suspect the woman might disagree

my wifes parents fronted all the wedding costs (save the rehearsal dinner of course).... i never got a bead on how much the total was, but i know our reception alone broke 15k because the option we selected from the place was like $50/plate and we had right around 300 guests (plus the DJ, and then the 4k for the videographer, open bar... all that jazz). I'd guess after it was all said and done the whole wedding ended up around 25-30k.

it was ridiculous.... i kinda got the feeling my mother-in-law was organizing the wedding she never had. we didn't mind though.

Last edited:
my wifes parents fronted all the wedding costs (save the rehearsal dinner of course).... i never got a bead on how much the total was, but i know our reception alone broke 15k because the option we selected from the place was like $50/plate and we had right around 300 guests (plus the DJ, and then the 4k for the videographer). I'd guess after it was all said and done the whole wedding ended up around 25k.

it was ridiculous.... i kinda got the feeling my mother-in-law was organizing the wedding she never had. we didn't mind though.

We are only having around 100 guests and her parents are putting up 7-7.5 k and we will cover any extra.

Back