What to do in Springfield MO? now-24th

Stuck here on business with nothing to do over the weekend.

So what should I do? I could go to Branson since every single sign on the side of the road tells me to but isn't that just old peoples Disney?

If any of you live in the area and want to grab beers I'd be down.

There's not a lot to do in that region. I'll be moving there with relative in jan to finish up school at Brians. Branson has Silver Dollar City, Dixie Stampede, and all sorts of different place, but I don't think it'd be your thing, could be.

180px-Tire_Yard.jpg

Branson has Silver Dollar City, good amusement park in the mountains. Drive there early and be at the gate before the park opens. Buy your tickets online if you can. It's really not that far away and your best bet for something to do.
Silver Dollar City Branson MO: Family Adventures Theme Park

There will be families there, not just old people. It's a cool place to walk around, different because there's fiddle music playing all around the park. If you wanna make it fun, pack a styrophome cooler in your car filled with beers. Drink a few before you go in and you can also come back to your car to take a break. It's better than sitting in your hotel room doing nothing.
This is my page from 2005.
http://www.nogodforme.com/SilverDollarCity.htm

Last edited:
right, how could I've of forgotten Basspro Shop, been to long since I've been there :(

Lambert's good eating too, you won't leave empty that's for sure.

I live in Springfield, MO.

Not a bad college town at all. Someone suggested eat at Lambert's. Fucking do it, but it's not somewhere to go unless you're with a group of people.

Tonight is Tuesday...hmm

Ernie Bigg's Piano Bar is pretty cool on Tuesdays. No cover, live band karaoke. The musicians are extremely talented and there are lots of good singers there. $2 wells.

Pretty much any place you go to will be overrun with frat boys and various college kids. How old are you?

I might be able to suggest some better stuff..

edit: if you'll be here for a friday night look up "art walk" down town. It's always a lot of fun. You could check out a movie at the Gillioz. Surprisingly we have some of the higher rated Chinese food places in the country. I suggest Canton Inn. There's a rock wall climbing gym too that's pretty nice and cheap. I believe it's called Petra.

Last edited:
Not sure how close you are to Commercial (at National Ave), but there's a pretty cool bar called "Bar One" there. Also, a pretty hip place (for Springfield, MO) called "The Edge" over on Boonville.

Mine as well go out and meet people :D

I live in Springfield, MO.

Not a bad college town at all. Someone suggested eat at Lambert's. Fucking do it, but it's not somewhere to go unless you're with a group of people.

Tonight is Tuesday...hmm

Ernie Bigg's Piano Bar is pretty cool on Tuesdays. No cover, live band karaoke. The musicians are extremely talented and there are lots of good singers there. $2 wells.

Pretty much any place you go to will be overrun with frat boys and various college kids. How old are you?

I might be able to suggest some better stuff..

edit: if you'll be here for a friday night look up "art walk" down town. It's always a lot of fun. You could check out a movie at the Gillioz. Surprisingly we have some of the higher rated Chinese food places in the country. I suggest Canton Inn. There's a rock wall climbing gym too that's pretty nice and cheap. I believe it's called Petra.

I'm the only one from the team down here this weekend so Lamberts (home of the throwing roll correct?) wouldn't be a whole lot of fun I don't think.

I'm 24 so the college scene isn't that far behind me. Mainly looking for weekend stuff. I'll be putting in 12-16 hour days during the week here. The art walk sounds fun. I'll look into that.

I'm currently staying at the holiday inn off glenstone. Great rooms(free upgrade to an awesome 3 room suite) but they want to charge me $9 a day for internet that isn't at dial up speeds so I may move.

The security guy told me I have to go to some family owned BBQ joint.

His words "Its owned by a couple of colored folk and they sure do know how to BBQ"

I was too focused on his comment to remember the name though :(

my mom still calls black people "coloreds" , so i always correct her "JESUS CHRIST DON"T SAY THAT!!! , Call them African Americans!!"

Then a few weeks will go buy , and she'll mention "African AMericans" , and i'll say "JESUS CHRIST DON"T SAY THAT!!! , Call them Coloreds!"

rinse repeat.

she likes my brother best.

haha yeah, he's probably talking about Crosstown BBQ. I've never been there, but I've heard from numerous sources that it is overrated.

if you like food and beer check out the Springfield Brewing Company. amazing food and craft beers.

the Patton Alley is a great bar with decent food. Half off of appetizers and domestics (which includes crafts) during happy hour. they easily have 100 drafts.

Ebbet's field is another good bar/restaurant type place.

Haruno for some bad ass sushi.

When it comes to restaurants we have a ton of diversity. Look for a Springfield magazine or something.

Back