[Boner] Oldschool Lucas Arts game on Steam

Rev_Night

Welches
Veteran XV
As promised, several vintage LucasArts PC games are now available through Valve's digital distribution service Steam, with more titles said to be coming in due time.
Each of the ten games has been updated with Windows XP and Vista compatibility. The old adventure titles use "self-running executables"--LucasArts was quite clear they "don't use SCUMMVM or DosBox"--and now support higher resolutions plus smoothing.

As for the copy protection in certain games that required players to consult the manual, that still remains, and digital copies of the manuals are included with those games.

A complete listing of the initial batch of re-releases and their prices follows below:

Armed and Dangerous - $9.99
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - $4.99
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure - $4.99

LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventure - $19.99
LOOM - $4.99
Star Wars Battlefront II - $19.99
Star Wars Republic Commando - $9.99
Star Wars Starfighter - $4.99
The Dig - $4.99
Thrillville: Off the Rails- $19.99

The next LucasArts game to hit Steam will be The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, which is coming next Wednesday, July 15, but does not yet have a price point.

No word yet as to when the next batch of classics will arrive or what it may contain. In all, the LucasArts back catalog contains such beloved titles as X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Full Throttle, Sam & Max: Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango.

I already had The Dig from a while ago, but im getting those indiana jones ones ASAP

Welcome to Steam

i found grim fandango just recently and started playing it again.

"RUN you pigeons....IT'S ROBERT FROST!!!"

I played the dig all the way through back in the day. God damn those games can get hard sometimes. I never played the indy games, but the rest look like crap.

i'd like to see the entire TIE Fighter / X-Wing collection (playable in vista)

cause id play that shit again

I played the dig all the way through back in the day. God damn those games can get hard sometimes. I never played the indy games, but the rest look like crap.

The one about Atlantis is about as A+ as they come. Orichalcum beads FTW

do the scumm games work

i doubt you could use scummvm via a steam game

if they work im going to rape those old games hell yes

I played Tie Fighter from Age 3-8.

Simply awesome...they need to reup that shit. Do they know how much money they're gonna make if they rerelease that?

Back