windows 7 and openGL

Exodus

Veteran XX
So we were discussing this in Akuma's great thread where he asked where to download windows 7... but that means it was off topic. So:

Have any of you been able to get openGL games running correctly in windows 7?

I had it installed a few months ago, and installed cs 1.6 and a few other openGL supported games, but they were all fucked up looking..

Then after doing a windows 7 opengl - Google Search search, I was deterred from keeping it because of the overwhelming results of only problems and no fixes.

Some people are telling me that openGL works fine in W7... and wiki answers says that it is up to the display drivers, but even when I tried to find a working driver I came to no avail.

That was the only reason why I came back to xp pro, and I would reinstall w7 if I knew I wouldn't have any compatibility issues..

damn, maybe it was because i got it off a torrent site... you did the direct download from M$.com?

yes you can download it free from the company you make a joke of their name putting a money symbol in it.. your so edgy.

ATI only provides drivers for the HD series cards.

the x series cards dont seem to have opengl support from the microsoft supplied drivers.

ive been trying to make opengl work on my x1250 on my laptop since the beta and still in the RC ATI has no drivers for it.

ATI sucks anyways but ill assume thats the opengl issue your talking about.

Sollution: none. wait for ATI to make some decent drivers. and play in windowed mode.

windows vista drivers so not fix this.

my Gaming rig however works fine with opengl (nvidia) and windows 7

ATI only provides drivers for the HD series cards.

the x series cards dont seem to have opengl support from the microsoft supplied drivers.

ive been trying to make opengl work on my x1250 on my laptop since the beta and still in the RC ATI has no drivers for it.

ATI sucks anyways but ill assume thats the opengl issue your talking about.

Sollution: none. wait for ATI to make some decent drivers. and play in windowed mode.

windows vista drivers so not fix this.

my Gaming rig however works fine with opengl (nvidia) and windows 7
For X-series cards, You can make the 9.3 drivers work in Win7 with a bit of INF hacking.

What is driving some of you to get Windows 7 from a Torrent site? Did some script kiddy tell you it was better for some insane reason?

What is driving some of you to get Windows 7 from a Torrent site? Did some script kiddy tell you it was better for some insane reason?

because if u have a decent internet connection, downloading the exact some build from a private torrent tracker is 10000x faster than using Microsoft's downloads page.

did some script kiddy tell you that it was bad for some insane reason?

because if u have a decent internet connection, downloading the exact some build from a private torrent tracker is 10000x faster than using Microsoft's downloads page.

did some script kiddy tell you that it was bad for some insane reason?

I was pulling 1.1MB's off microsofts site....

Also
Security researchers at Damballa report shutting down the command and control server of a botnet built by a Trojan bundled with pirated copies of Windows 7 RC. The Trojan is believed to have infected thousands of users.

Attackers pushing pirated, malware-laced copies of Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system have been actively trying to build a botnet.

According to researchers at Damballa, attackers hid a Trojan inside of pirated copies of the operating system and began circulating them on BitTorrent sites. Damballa reported that it shut down the botnet's command and control server May 10, but by that time infection rates had risen as high as 552 users per hour

u know that was only affecting ONE specific version of the X86 build from thepiratebayno less.. who the fuck uses the piratebay.

i have never seen the microsoft site get anyone a faster downstream than 400 - 600kps, but i guess that could dbe location based.

Back