I love religious people who don't know a damn thing

Wyrm

Contributor
Veteran XX
Some relatives of mine began attending a Bible study class at church. They've been Christians for some 40-60 years or somewhere in that range. In a discussion about that class, they told me that they were surprised and frightened by some of the Old Testament. There's a lot of angry God business in the Old Testament. I found it to be quite humorous that these people could be Christians their whole lives without reading the book they base their entire lives (and afterlives) on. Why the fuck do people consider themselves to followers of a religion without reading the text of that religion?

people are sheep

Most people are, yes, in fact, all people are to varying degrees. That is our nature, but how does this apply to religious beliefs?

It seems to me that these days Christianity is in the minority. Most people I meet these days are not Christian, and not religious at all in fact. I guess you could say they are being sheep as well.

I would argue that those who are religious in many western nations are not sheep at all.

Most people are, yes, in fact, all people are to varying degrees. That is our nature, but how does this apply to religious beliefs?

It seems to me that these days Christianity is in the minority. Most people I meet these days are not Christian, and not religious at all in fact. I guess you could say they are being sheep as well.

I would argue that those who are religious in many western nations are not sheep at all.

you also live in canada

What changed your mind to stop believing?

how the fuck do you manage to twist the logic that those who blindly adhere to a prescribed faith are NOT sheep :rofl:

So you've made two arguments which do not follow in any way from the rest of your post. Do you care to support them?

091fc0923c64a43aebde8c84fd2980ae.jpg

I didn't actually read this thread but it sounded like a good place to put this cool pic i found. :boogie:

I've never read the bible. Always seemed too long. I've read and listened to parts of it though.

That's what most people do. I just don't understand the idea of being sure that one book contains the answers to this life and the next without reading the whole book.

Christians are asleep now.

Most churches, even the pentecostal ones, barely touch on the truth these days, and people are searching for the real thing but not finding it. I'm sure most of you can see this. It boils down to finding the church with the most enlightening pastor now, but no churches really cut it anymore.

Or you can be like some denominations that pride themselves in knowledge of scripture, but it isn't accompanied by the supernatural. The bible spoke of these times:

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

foreign countries are going through revival now, but not us. Something is wrong here.

Back