okay tdub help me figure out what book / novella this was...

loop

Veteran XX
I remember very little of it except that it was waaaaaaaaay future, on the edge of humans being humans. people could live essentially forever and make copies of conscious copies of themselves and were populating the stars, but couldn't get to the galactic center (some sort of race there that repelled any attempt to get into it or something, with no communication). Finally, some guy makes it in at the end of the book or story, but can never return. as i recall he had been living with his wife at some kind of observatory watching the galactic center or something up close... lots of very interesting physics (definitely was hard-scifi), including instant communications with quantum entanglement.

Cool Story

by

Hansel

in all seriousness, i don't know, but it sure sounds like a non-stop barrel of thrills

choose-your-own-adventure-inside-ufo-54-40.jpg

I read it in 9th grade I think

I wish I had read it in high school. We had a lot of good books (one honors class we read Hitchhiker's guide), but that one wasn't in our list for my classes - which kinda sucks, because it really brings home what WWI was like from a front-line perspective. I mean, you hear about trench warfare and the absolute slaughter, but until I read All Quiet, I didn't really have a human perspective. Pretty harsh read overall.

Yea we read pretty good books too. I remember reading Brave New World, 1984, To Kill A Mockingbird and Catcher in the Rye to name a few.

Last edited:
Yea we read pretty good books too. I remember reading Brave New World, 1984, To Kill A Mockingbird and Catcher in the Rye to name a few.

We got those down - LOVED brave new world, found it scarier than 1984 by a long shot. Much more subtle and realistic, I thought. reading 1984 afterward just seemed kinda trite, even in (I think) 10th grade.

did it have a woman in it that tried to rape a priest?

(completely serious)

I don't think so, but now I'm REALLY interested in whatever THAT story was. :)

Back