[MLB] Randy Johnson wins #300

won't matter nowadays with pitch counts, 4-5 days rest in between starts, and shitty ass bullpens that can't hold leads.

250 wins will be considered a monumental achievement in the next 30-40 years.

last 300 game winner we'll ever see.

sabathia probably has the best chance at the moment....over 120 wins. i heard he would need 18 wins for the next 10 years to do it, but hes never had 18 wins in a season

lincecum maybe if SF improves a lot in the next 2-3 years??? :shrug: prolly no one will get 300 for a long ass time tho.

sabathia probably has the best chance at the moment....over 120 wins. i heard he would need 18 wins for the next 10 years to do it, but hes never had 18 wins in a season

lincecum maybe if SF improves a lot in the next 2-3 years??? :shrug: prolly no one will get 300 for a long ass time tho.

cc's got no chance in hell

last 300 game winner we'll ever see.

ever? i doubt it. there will be some freak like johnson who will come around and can be a power pitcher for 20+ years or another maddux/glavine type that can win a shitload of games with control and smarts.

i'd say that the next 300 game winner is almost certainly not an active pitcher. sabathia would have the best chance but he's too damn fat.

cc won 19 in 07 but you're right.

ever? i doubt it. there will be some freak like johnson who will come around and can be a power pitcher for 20+ years or another maddux/glavine type that can win a shitload of games with control and smarts.

i'd say that the next 300 game winner is almost certainly not an active pitcher. sabathia would have the best chance but he's too damn fat.
i don't know. even if some other freakshow like RJ hits MLB by storm, it's just so different. specifically, this raging hard-on people have for pitch count is absurd, and when a pitcher is that big of a star these days there is a lot of money involved. as such, there is greater pressure put on the manager by upper brass as well as the player's agent to ensure that the mgr isn't "extending" the pitcher in any fashion. pitchers aren't even allowed to pitch past 75 pitches in the minors which does nothing but make it even more difficult to get them to go further into games once they hit the show

Back