So I stayed in a hotel about 2 1/2 months ago, and they never charged me

Dyno

Veteran XV
The bill was ~$600. I left them a credit card number (two, in fact, since I decided to use a different card than the one I used to hold the reservation) upon checking in.

I called my bank and Visa to ask if there were any attempted charges that didn't go through, and they both said no.

It was a highly rated, relatively upscale place.

wtf? has anything like this ever happened to any of you?

I wish :(
last time I was in a hotel they tried to charge me for minibar and cabel and what not.

This happened to me at the Holiday Inn in Albequerque...It took them at least 3 months to charge me, so I disputed it with my bank, but the Holiday Inn had everything they needed to prove I was there. I was so ticked off, it caused me to overdraft.

Actually aside from being first something like that happened with me but it was a ticket. I got a 400 dollar ticket, went to the dmv, paid it, got everything taken off my record but they never cashed the check. I was beyond stoked because at the time I was broke.

I was definitely worried about an overdraft but after 6 months I said screw it. Thankfully they never charged me and no overdraft charge ensued.

Actually aside from being first something like that happened with me but it was a ticket. I got a 400 dollar ticket, went to the dmv, paid it, got everything taken off my record but they never cashed the check. I was beyond stoked because at the time I was broke.

1) First is old.
2) Edit, not reply.

This happened to me at the Holiday Inn in Albequerque...It took them at least 3 months to charge me, so I disputed it with my bank, but the Holiday Inn had everything they needed to prove I was there. I was so ticked off, it caused me to overdraft.
Yeah for this reason I've been pretty hesitant to actually feel lucky yet. Things that seem too good to be true usually are.

That said, this was a fairly upscale place as I said earlier, definitely not the kind of place you'd expect something as unprofessional as waiting months to charge a customer.

I would call and make it right with the hotel. It was probably an oversight and since you did use their services call up the manager and let him choose how to handle it.

i was once driving from a parking lot on campus that i wasn't supposed to be parked in at about 11 PM, when on the highway i started my wipers and saw a ticket fly off my windshield.

i ended up never being cited for it or mailed about it, i even went to the office and they have nothing for that car.

i never understood what that ticket was.

A few years ago I went to Colombus Ohio to meet a girl. We got a room that night, they ran my card and I thought it went through. We stayed for 2 nights there but I never saw it hit my card. I ended up calling the bank and finally the motel where we stayed at about 6 months later and the lady at the desk said it had rejected my card. (Probably tried to run it through as credit not debit) But the guy at the desk those 2 nights let us stay. Still can't figure that one out unless he was high or drunk and I signed the rejected receipt thing and never paid attention.

:sunny:

there is a time limit on how long they have to charge you, i just read about it in the paper a month or two ago

lots of people thinking they got a free ride ended up getting fucked :(

I stayed at a hotel in Bora Bora and didn't get charged for 9 months. I thought it was over and that I would never get charged for it. But eventually I got charged and the bill was over $12,200 since I stayed there 4 weeks so it pretty much sucked when I got charged for it.

They can take that long?

Good to know.

Back