[BEER SNOBS] What are you drinking?

Fonzie

Veteran XV
I know it's late for the East Coasters (including myself) but I don't have work tomorrow.

I'm drinking a local microbrew called Straub. Their beers contain no salt, sugar, or preservatives. Not bad, actually:

center-L.jpg

I'm drinking the green bottle, traditional lightish lager.

What about you guys?

Lagunitas - Hop Stoopid then later I will switch to Sierra Nevada - Torpedo.

I drank a lot of Straub when I lived in Pgh. I just remember it came in whatever bottles they could get, so some weeks green and some brown. A great beer though I just wish it was available out here instead of Iron City.

We did this thread last week.

This thread is done almost every night.

Lagunitas - Hop Stoopid then later I will switch to Sierra Nevada - Torpedo.

I drank a lot of Straub when I lived in Pgh. I just remember it came in whatever bottles they could get, so some weeks green and some brown. A great beer though I just wish it was available out here instead of Iron City.

Yeah, I'm from Bethlehem (the other Steel City). My uncle brought me a case the other day and said I should try it. It's pretty good.

Yeah, I'm from Bethlehem (the other Steel City). My uncle brought me a case the other day and said I should try it. It's pretty good.

I spent many years in Carnegie and then in Oakland, left in 1991 or so.

Church Brew Works is also good (at least they were last time I was there), and Penn Pilsner. Not a lot of lagers out on the West Coast other than Gordon Biersch, mostly ales. There was Saxer but they folded a while ago and went to crap before that. Not that there is anything wrong with ale it would just be nice to find a decent lager now and again.

one of these

sierra-nevada-pale-ale.jpg

and 2 of these

sierra-nevada-esb.jpg

i'm trying the ipa i started 4 weeks ago tomorrow. i'm pretty excited about it.

Back