[MLB] Dontrelle Willis's 1 hitter

SuperSniperX

Contributor
Veteran XX
I don't normally post all that much about sports... but god damn I watched that game last night and just smiled the entire time. It's definitely too early to say he's back to his 05 form... but god damnit, its great to see him have success again. I hear he's just a hell of a humble and great guy to have on the team. Hopefully he can keep things turned around.

the game he started before he struggled a bit against the twins but did ok considering his huge decline

was extremely happy last night to watch him pull himself together

heh it was pretty brutal to watch

i dont keep up with other baseball teams but whoever that guy det brought in for the 8th who fanned everyone at 100mph was flat out impressive

you would think you couldnt visually tell while watching on tv the diff between a 92 mph fastball and a 100mph but you fucking can that thing flew

heh it was pretty brutal to watch

i dont keep up with other baseball teams but whoever that guy det brought in for the 8th who fanned everyone at 100mph was flat out impressive

you would think you couldnt visually tell while watching on tv the diff between a 92 mph fastball and a 100mph but you fucking can that thing flew

Zumaya used to be able to hit 104 before a freak guitar hero and cali wild fire streak of injuries knocked him out the last 2 years

a stat they threw out during the rangers bcast was something like last year (or maybe his last moderately healthy year?) he had the equal amount of 100+mph balls as the entire rest of AL pitching (I think it was actually a few more...)

oh yeah i didnt even check in the paper

did he hurt himself in the 7th?

it looked like he grabbed at his elbow it was a "oh shit no" moment despite the fact i wanted him to get off the mound

oh yeah i didnt even check in the paper

did he hurt himself in the 7th?

it looked like he grabbed at his elbow it was a "oh shit no" moment despite the fact i wanted him to get off the mound

he claimed he was fine... so hopefully it was him just being his wierd self out there.

the next 100+ MPH flame throwing wunderkind whose arm will blow up. boras is demanding 6 years 50 million for him as the #1 pick in june.

Verlander can also routinely hit 100+. Hell his no hitter he threw 2 years back... his fast balls in the 9th were dialing in at 101.

the next 100+ MPH flame throwing wunderkind whose arm will blow up. boras is demanding 6 years 50 million for him as the #1 pick in june.
yeah i have some friends that have seen a dozen or so starts of his over the last couple years, as well as spot save opportunities here & there & they're all pretty convinced he'll be pretty fantastic as long as a few things go right for him along the way.

i hope alex white drops to sf at #6 - he's got power stuff with 6 pitches & a large frame

and I don't get why some people go so bananas over speed gun readings, as if they're at all accurate from one park/gun to another. i've seen brian wilson speed gun readings go anywhere from 98 to 105, and the dude sucks on days when that's the only pitch he has control of. also, i'd much rather have a pitcher throw 96 with movement than a straight 100mph

Back