[Ticks] Is my house infested?

skysnipe

Contributor
Veteran X
I've been trying to look up shit on the internet but nothing is helping, so far I've found 3 American Dog Ticks in my house that look similar to this:
americandogtick.jpg

I looked at my dog (under his arm pits, crevices, in ears etc.) and did not find any ticks at all. How do I know if my house is infested? And if so, is it necessary to gut my dresser and wash all my clothes in very hot water or some stupid shit like that?

It's tick season. Your dog is bringing them in and they're dropping off. If you've only found 3, then you're not at a point to panic.

They just want a hug...

...so they can bury their chitinous head deep into your flesh and wrack you with disease.

I never saw them the last few years. So far I've found 4 or 5 in the house. They latch onto the dog, but she is on anti-tick meds so they dont bite they just hitch a ride into the house on the fur.

Yeah I fight deer and dog ticks off my boys every year, make sure you constantly check their ears, asshole, and inbetween their pads where you'll find most of them.

Dont bother tweezing them off, just pluck them off with your finger nails, rarely is their a problem. Just something you need to fight when having dogs and living near any high grass or rough areas

Old school method of getting rid of ticks: fly paper and dry ice.

Just put a good sized chunk of dry ice in the middle of some fly paper. Ticks are attracted to the carbon dioxide and will get stuck on the fly paper.

True story.

Old school method of getting rid of ticks: fly paper and dry ice.

Just put a good sized chunk of dry ice in the middle of some fly paper. Ticks are attracted to the carbon dioxide and will get stuck on the fly paper.

True story.

so are camelback spiders. Omaha ships their steaks with dry ice - I left the container outside at my uncles over night the shit was full of spiders thenext morning :(

Ah damn ticks, what I don't miss about living in the midlands. Yah animals are the biggest problem, get rid of the dog and don't run around in the fields and the problem will go away on it's own. If not there's not much you can do about it except keep your grass well mowed and sprayed.

I have a cricket. I should have just killed it while I had the chance, but no, I was trying to be humane and eject it.

Not making that mistake again.

Back