[Straight Edge] Razor

Urshilikai

Veteran X
obligatory lol ursh is a straight edge fag

anyways, I will soon be the proud new owner of one of these:
146.jpg

It was super cheap on sale, does anyone else use them? I'll need some advice on maintenance and strop/sharpening stone recommendations. (or if those are even necessary)

I did, or else I wouldn't even know I needed a strop. I just might trust some tw experts more than some random guys commenting on a youtube video.

this is the guy who cant handle the simple concept of chewing food correctly and not wrecking his mouth

this should be good

Search youtube on how to strop it properly. If it isn't totally sharp it won't shave well. You will probably have to re-strop it a bit while shaving.

Start using it on your cheeks and easier portions of the face to shave and then other more difficult places when you are better at it.

Straight razors are cool to shve with, sort of a ritual. Once a week thing. Doing it every day requires more patience than I have.

Tip: To test if it's sharp enough, take a hair a gently bring it to the blade. If it cuts through it with no perceivable resistance then it is sharp enough.

In all seriousness though, I would love to try using a straight edge razor. The whole stropping it on a frequent basis is kind of a buzzkill though.

There is this thing called "technology", it's why your grandpa didn't fucking use one of those things as soon as the safety razor came about, and then promptly ditched that fussy bitch the moment Norelco hit the scene.

Followed it all up with 'Lectric Shave.

No the reason those things became adapted is because people didn't want to take the time to properly shave and whatnot. It's the same as so many people not being able to drive a stick shift now...

It's just not convenient mate.

I don't get it because I don't grow a beard like lumberjack pirate who is dosing testosterone. It's overkill for me. I could shave with a credit card and lukewarm water.

Back