[PMOG] The Nethernet

Just checked this out the other day and have been enjoying it since.
The Nethernet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cool concept, and makes browsing fun again. Ive found some killer sites I never would have before as well as a shit load of file sharing sites.

If you decide to check it out please use this link so I can get some game points :)
Welcome to The Nethernet

Come metagame the internets with me.
Join the chaotic faction and lets spread dissidence through the tubes.

To those of you who joined.
Ive been fighting over google.ca for the last few hrs.
Id avoid it for a bit or at least put on your network armor cause its a mine field right now.
Ive raped almost 1k of peoples cash so far mining the main sites.
Theres alot of strategy in just surfing now its like "dare i click on google to search or use a less known search engine to avoid attacks."
But then again if the Order faction is controlling it then you could potentially rake in some cash.

Last edited:
ok, I don't get how this is fun.

It kind of feels like EVE. You have no idea what to do so you just sit there and stare.

ok, I don't get how this is fun.

It kind of feels like EVE. You have no idea what to do so you just sit there and stare.

Its a passive game, so basically you just surf the net like you normally would. accept you come across other players stuff on certain pages that make it interesting.

DP Cards:
Simple gift cards that give you game cash.

Portals:
simple links dropped by players that can take you to related material, random sites, or trap sites. "players can enter a description on the portal, but it doesnt have to be a true description.

Crates:
Crates can be dropped onto sites and locked with a password, or puzzle phrase that players must solve before opening them.
Fill them with game cash or booby trap them with mines.

Mines:
Mines are planted on websites and are tripped when a player visits the site.
Mines damage network armor and cause players to loose 10$ per mine.
Multiple mines can be stacked onto a website.

Watch dogs:
Watchdogs gaurd sites and chase away players who attempt to mine them.
Multiple watch dogs canbe stacked onto a website to add greater defense.

Grenades:
Throw grenades directly at other players damaging there armor and taking away some of there game cash.
You can stack these suckers on players too.

Saint Nicks:
Use these on players to stop them from using mines or grenades for a few tries.
These suckers can be stacked onto players too.

Theres tons more, not to mention player made missions, faction wars, built in messaging system, and each player builds their own list of allies and arch enemies.

Im still somewhat new to it but Im learning that theres alot of strategy involved and that wars are waged with hundreds of players sometimes.

Back