t-582291 [TW IRON CHEF] Battle GO! [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

[TW IRON CHEF] Battle GO!

Pages : [1] 2 3

MadBoFo
05-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Today we have been graced with the presence of our very own kitchen stadium here at Tribalwar dot com. Our fearless and awesome Chairman has chosen the secret ingredient for todays battle, the arena is prepared, and the Chefs are assembled to do battle. This weeks secret ingredient has been used in a variety of Culinary delights over the centuries, it has many forms, all of which may be used in this battle.

This week the challengers will be facing one of the most fearsome Iron Chefs of Tribalwar! IRON CHEF Masuhara MorimoFo

This weeks secret ingredient is....

SHRIMP!!

The challengers are assembled, the Iron Chef has been chosen, our final ingredient has been chosen as well. The only question that now remains to be answered is whose cuisine reigns supreme.

In the words of my uncle,

ALLEZ CUISINE!

http://www.delish.com/cm/delish/images/091108_snails1.jpg

rules:
1- submit as many recipes as you would like
2- make sure the secret ingredient is present in each dish
3- have fun :sunny:
f- dishes may include pictures of the preparation process and/or plating (or none at all)
$- all dishes are due by Sunday night (so you can shop on the weekend if required)

GOOD LUCK CHEFS!

Travace
05-04-2009, 11:54 AM
yumm.

this will be fun

Travace
05-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Whats this ?

Contestant Travace has already finished an appetizer.

Beer Battered Shrimp with Crab Dip
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3379/3502629486_5b40822e93_o.j pg
boo i forgot the garlic in pic AGAIN!!!!

Crab Sauce Ingredient list
1 cup finely chopped crab meat
6 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
couple splashes of Worcestershire sauce
couple splashes of Tabasco Sauce
dash of Cayenne Pepper
2 to 3 cloves of crushed and finely chopped garlic.
salt

Mix everything together and let stand in the fridge for a couple hours
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3660/3502629546_7e5e2d0189_o.j pg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3105/3501815951_ee55b30c62_o.j pg
Ingredient list
1 pound Jumbo Shrimp
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
12 ounces of beer
2 tablespoons of Parsley
3 large egg whites
vegetable oil(or whatever oil you use for deep fry)
slice of lemon
salt

First we will make our batter.
in a large bowl mix the flour, salt and cayenne. Gradually whisk in the beer until smooth. Then add Parsley

In a new medium sized bowl beat the egg whites with a mixer set on high untill soft peaks form.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3644/3502629662_82eba98c9e_o.j pg
then fold into the beer mixture.

Now peel the shrimp cut out the vein but leave the tail on. Get your Deep frier...

WHAT IS THIS ? Contestant Travace has a Deep Fryer ... up to temp. Dip the shrimp in the batter coating it generously and slowly add to the fryer.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3257/3502629748_e6ba6196a5_o.j pg
Let fry for 2 mins then remove and let rest on a paper towel or a oven rack. Tip: Dont put to many shrimp in your fryer at once. You do not want them to stick together.
Plate Shrimp & Crab Dip, Garnish dip with a couple sprinkles of Parsley and a few slices of a Lemon.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3583/3501816171_14b20bd21c_o.j pg

Skeletor666
05-04-2009, 07:38 PM
As an hononary Judge I think this should be sampled.

No extra points for you for the early entry as we know you have insider spies working at Red Lobstor so ingredients are just an arms reach away :)

MadBoFo
05-04-2009, 07:47 PM
holy crap, that was fast

Travace
05-04-2009, 09:13 PM
As an hononary Judge I think this should be sampled.

No extra points for you for the early entry as we know you have insider spies working at Red Lobstor so ingredients are just an arms reach away :)

nothing i ever make has anything to do with red lobster. I do not get ingredients from red lobster. I do not get recipes from red lobster. The only thing i ever take from red lobster is my wife knows of cooking techniques and the terms used in cooking that she has learned from working there.

My wife does give me advice and helps prep or cut but for the most part she is my camera lady.

but if you want to taste some i have extra batter and i have more shrimp i can fry some up for ya pretty fast. You are more then welcome.

in all seriousness tho i will never get as high of a score as mofo. I dont go as crazy as mofo. I like to cook stuff that doesnt require a ****ing industrial sized meat slicer. Or my own noodle press. dont get me wrong that stuff is awesome and Mofos food(from what i've seen here) is looking really good but i enjoy making stuff that isnt that exotic that anyone can make to mix it up a little.

MadBoFo
05-04-2009, 09:39 PM
I still need to buy the prosciutto blade for my slicer ;-)

but if you want we could do something at my pad one of these weeks, chef versus chef. I have all the stuff we'll both need to cook, just need the ingredients for your dishes and it's on like donkey kong. Of course, this Sunday is mothers day so I don't know if this week will work out.

Kiint
05-04-2009, 10:26 PM
*sigh* we don't get shrimp in Australia, we only have PRAWNS (which taste better than shrimp anyway).

I hate prawns like I hate mango, I can catch prawns across the road from the office like I can pick mangos down the road from home. Either way both ingredients are so common that I am sick to death of them.

Like the steak challenge, I will be sitting this one out until BoFo can choose a decent challenging ingredient.

MadBoFo
05-04-2009, 10:41 PM
prawns count as shrimp in my eyes, but if you don't want to submit a dish that's fine.

as far as decent challenging ingredient, you think chicken or pork is more challenging than shrimp? really?

Travace
05-04-2009, 10:44 PM
I still need to buy the prosciutto blade for my slicer ;-)

but if you want we could do something at my pad one of these weeks, chef versus chef. I have all the stuff we'll both need to cook, just need the ingredients for your dishes and it's on like donkey kong. Of course, this Sunday is mothers day so I don't know if this week will work out.

i would lose. like i said i dont go crazy like you do making every single little thing from scratch.

Kiint
05-05-2009, 12:22 AM
prawns count as shrimp in my eyes, but if you don't want to submit a dish that's fine.

as far as decent challenging ingredient, you think chicken or pork is more challenging than shrimp? really?

Chicken I knew recipes off the top of my head. Pork same deal. I only participated in the one I had ingredients for at the time.

Shrimp/prawn I just can't stand the tast of, I grew up eating it every other day (father used to drag the beach we lived on) so its boring bland and I can rattle off a whole ton of recipes off the top of my head, none of which I want to make.

I want something special like persimmon or some other obscure fruit/vegetable/meat/etc.

Travace
05-05-2009, 10:07 AM
just because you ate it all the time and it might seem boring to does not mean that ingredient is boring to others.

Also if you have been cooking shrimp and know so many recipes and have ahd them in your arsenal for so many years then i bet its pretty ****ing good.

So my point is this... stop being so selfish and share what ya can do. Maybe somone like me would like to try others recipes.

besides thats what im taking these threads as. yea its fun to play along with the whole Iron Chef thing but really this **** is a great way for me to see and possibly try some new recipe.

Skeletor666
05-05-2009, 01:03 PM
I tried to get Deidra to make a mini shrimp pizza last night but she couldn't handle the pressure of competting with mofo.

I am thinking abut making ghetto entries to pull the poor people vote.

loto
05-05-2009, 02:05 PM
****in' snap that shrimp looks baller, trav.

Rayn
05-05-2009, 02:37 PM
I will be sitting this one out until BoFo can choose a decent challenging ingredient.lol

dude just pick something you think is challenging and post it if you want to cook something obscure?

nigafool
05-05-2009, 03:17 PM
wow

Falhawk
05-05-2009, 03:36 PM
can't we just post good recipes without the allez cuisine stuff

Travace
05-05-2009, 04:09 PM

yes. Please dont not participate because mofo is one insane mother****er.

I really do want to see other peoples stuff.

MadBoFo
05-05-2009, 08:51 PM

you can post whatever recipe you'd like falhawk, I just think it's kind of fun to choose a secret ingredient and see what creative ways it an be made into something amazing, and I have to tell you, I've eaten some stuff that I've never had before or even would have thought of unless I was doing this.

the most fun part for me is trying to emulate an Iron Chef's cooking style, and cook like they may cook the food (but of course they do it better --probably :brows: )

ps-can a mod sticky this thread and unsticky the old one?

thanks

Falhawk
05-06-2009, 08:29 AM
no I mean I dig the ingredient thing and having people post recipes that include it

its just the fanfare and intros that are just like sprinkling douche on top of the threads. it is cringe worthy

ALLEZ CUISINE