[LOLBushBama] White House won't go after CIA officials over waterboarding

Icey

Veteran X
No charges against CIA officials for waterboarding

Released some interesting memos, but what say you liberal members of TW on this decision by Obama to give us "more of the same"?

And no, I'm not trolling here. I'm genuinely curious if you don't give a fuck now that Bush is gone or if you're pissed at Obama for not stringing these interrogators up by their thumbs.

Well this is not directed at me since I am not a liberal even though I voted for Obama.

I honestly do not have a strong opinion over waterboarding and the people who used it. I see both sides and understand the slippery slope it is on.

24's approach to the first half of this season seemed to echo that.

"It would be unfair to prosecute dedicated men and women working to protect America for conduct that was sanctioned in advance by the Justice Department

im more interested in going after the people who "sanctioned" and ordered that shit.

the CIA didnt make that decision, the previous administration did. dont blame the hitman, rather the employer.

by your logic we should court marshal all the US troops in Iraq for taking part in an illegal war.

hey guys, its wrong if your party does it, but right if mine does.

edit: on a serious note, i agree with happy - that is if I wanted someone to get in trouble for it, i'd rather it be the people who ordered it, and not the people who did as they were told (which is what their job demands...).

How is war something that is "legal" or "illegal"? And I mean that honestly. You can say "unethical" or "immoral" but "illegal" is just nonsense.

hey guys, is it ok for me to say one party is doing something the other party did even when they aren't?

I beleive obama already said he's not going to do anything about what the previous administrator sanctioned

he's now said they wont do anything about the underlings that carried it out

so...

yeah nothing has changed?

i'm sure its still going on, as we speak. funny it isn't a bigger deal now...

How is war something that is "legal" or "illegal"? And I mean that honestly. You can say "unethical" or "immoral" but "illegal" is just nonsense.

I donno - how is it the war bush's 'fault' when congress voted for it?

how is it bush's fault, when he was given the same evidence congress was given?

how did 96% of congress get reelected when everyone was so unhappy with the way the government was being run?

i think you know the answers...

i guess all of congress wanted into iraq just for its oil.

Why George Bush innit in jail for stealin them votes?

Why the CIA ain't closed man, for pushin that dope?

Givin crack ta America, the CIA, aka the KKK

Released some interesting memos, but what say you liberal members of TW on this decision by Obama to give us "more of the same"?

And no, I'm not trolling here. I'm genuinely curious if you don't give a fuck now that Bush is gone or if you're pissed at Obama for not stringing these interrogators up by their thumbs.

I'm slightly irked, but as long as it will never happen again I will be content.

see my bushbama thread to see I'm just as pissed with this shit from obama as from bush

Last edited:
I think the Obama administration has made it clear it's intentions are to improve the current situation and not punish the previous. The advantage of this is to not waste a gigantic amount of time and resources in what would be assured to be a political nightmare. The disadvantage is it doesn't prevent such actions to occur in the future if people will think they'll go unpunished.

The great example was the justice department dropping charges against Stevens even though he could've been retried. As far as they were concerned, him being out of office was enough to prevent any further wrong and that's what they are concerned with now.

Personally I wish the fuckers would rot (anyone, not just repubs), but they seem to think it isn't worth it right now.

Back