[Dell] New monitor, dead pixel...

ragingbunny

Veteran X
I purchased a new Dell monitor 2 months ago and it's been great, I turned it on today and now I have a dead pixel toward the center of my screen. I'm assuming this is covered by the warranty, do I need to send in the monitor, have them look at it then they'd replace?
(Don't have a spare monitor)
and has anyone had to do this? Was it a pain in the ass?

Last edited:
There's also UDPixel - udpix.free.fr

Just make sure you get it to massage just that one pixel. If you set it too large it may "haze" surrounding pixels.

But I'd go the warranty route first.

I'd try massaging it and running a pixel program first. I've had a few Dell monitors that developed stuck/dead pixels and had them come back to life.

a lot of manufacturers dont consider the monitor to be defective until theres 3 dead pixels. we had that problem with HP monitors like 2 years ago. dunno what dells policy is

I'd try massaging it and running a pixel program first. I've had a few Dell monitors that developed stuck/dead pixels and had them come back to life.

They're not "dead" pixels, they're inverted. If its showing a color it can be fixed

Some vendors have a minimum number of dead pixels before you can send it back for "dead pixel(s)" claim. :shrug: I don't know about dell.

Some vendors have a minimum number of dead pixels before you can send it back for "dead pixel(s)" claim. :shrug: I don't know about dell.

And they usually have a retarded requirement, like so much of a % of the screen must be made of dead pixels, the pixels must be within the confines of a certain area of the screen in a certain number, like 10-15 dead pixels in the area the size of a quarter or some such.

Back