Cheapest way to build a website.

ShartShooter

Veteran XX
lol xml lol.. but seriously, just a basic website that you can submit news stories, similar but less complicated than TW's front page. Is there anywhere that you could write a proposal and then someone could quote you a cost?

lol xml lol.. but seriously, just a basic website that you can submit news stories, similar but less complicated than TW's front page. Is there anywhere that you could write a proposal and then someone could quote you a cost?

The cheapest you could get for a custom built website would be ~$500 and it will suck.

Not accusing you of being wrong but what's your basis for that statement?

I'm willing to spend a couple hundred for the stuff I can't do but I can more than likely design it all.. just not code it and shit.

Last edited:
Haha.. I'm willing to devote about $200-300 on this but not much more so I'll probably just try and learn and do most of what I can.

Dude.. you're asking someone who knows how to use Photoshop and thats about it.. to run a website. I'm sorry I don't know what it takes to run a website.

Get GoDaddy hosting. $10/month for (what they say is) unlimited space and something like 100GB of download bandwidth.

Get the linux option. Once done they have an area where you can click install php/mysql applications - wordpress, joomla, silverstripe, etc...

You can host multiple sites too...just buy the domain names via godaddy and set it up in the graphical control panel.

Back