World War 2 Games... Plenty of them!

SonGohan

Veteran XX
... but I've yet to see one let you play as either a German in a concentration camp, or someone on the ground during the bombing of Dresden.

Could you imagine just how fucked up that scenario would be? Playing as a soldier leading people to be gassed/burned alive or being helpless during an air raid?

CoD has had a lot of 'holy fuck' moments in the past... I'd like to see them introduce these two.

leading malnourished, morally defeated, non athletic people to a gas chamber doesnt sound exciting.

It wouldn't be exciting. It would be more along the lines of "Am I really doing this?" while they are talking amongst themselves about being so happy about getting cleaned up at last, telling their sons they'll make sure to scrub behind their ears.

Basically, a scene to eat at your heart strings. And there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Ahhh, so that's why. People think you're automatically racist if you think of those things.

I guess I just want more helpless situations, like they did in CoD4. Didn't you think that at any minute, a soldier was going to leap out and save that guy from his execution in the beginning? Did you really think you were going to be shot in the face?

Ahhh, so that's why. People think you're automatically racist if you think of those things.

I guess I just want more helpless situations, like they did in CoD4. Didn't you think that at any minute, a soldier was going to leap out and save that guy from his execution in the beginning? Did you really think you were going to be shot in the face?

yes

sounds like a different game already made...

called postal and postal 2.

Those games where over the top shocker type games... look how well they did.

I don't think a company is gonna want to invest the time and money into a game like that just because its over the top. It wont appeal to the majority.. only a few sick fucks like absent.

dont forget all the backlash from Jewish organizations and what ever other humanitarian groups are out their that they would get.

2001: Most Unnecessary Game of the Year :lol:

Holy fuck, that game is fucked up.

It wouldn't focus on those topics, just be a small part you'd have to play through. Like, a child being raised as Hitler's Youth seeing the absolute error in those ways but not being able to do anything about it because if he DID do anything, he'd be marked as a traitor and shot.

Yay, I like fleshing this out as the thread continues.

Ok, now all I need is a coder, a 3D modeler, and the 20 others or so to make up the team so we can get a game going. Who's with me!?!

I doubt being an SS in Auschwitz will make it into a game, but being someone running around during the dresden bombings would be, for lack of a better word, cool.

Could be one of those "Learn how to run, crawl under rocks, open doors" levels in the beginning of games.

Back