t-574400 "And if they think they can rewrite this bill ... they've got another THING coming." [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

"And if they think they can rewrite this bill ... they've got another THING coming."

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bounty
02-06-2009, 09:47 AM
I've seen this ludicrous quote from Senator Harry Reid in a few articles (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/05/senators-struggle-steer-stimulus-package-obama-urges-action/) now. It's "THINK". They've got another "THINK" coming.

Honestly, I hope he didn't actually say this, and it's the product of some AP journalist who doesn't understand the saying.

Either way, I suppose at this stage of the game the point is moo. But it would still be who of someone to check on these things before printing them.

olaf
02-06-2009, 09:49 AM
I've seen this ludicrous quote from Senator Harry Reid in a few articles (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/05/senators-struggle-steer-stimulus-package-obama-urges-action/) now. It's "THINK". They've got another "THINK" coming.

Honestly, I hope he didn't actually say this, and it's the product of some AP journalist who doesn't understand the saying.

Either way, I suppose at this stage of the game the point is moo. But it would still be who of someone to check on these things before printing them.

Bounty what the **** are you talking about.

edit: Oh. Terrible joke.

Killjoy
you make kj's head hurt

CERVICAL-KREMS
I counted 4

fartiusstinkius
02-06-2009, 09:50 AM
I always thought everyone said "thing" in the second part. At least I've never noticed otherwise. Maybe that's not the original saying, but apparently language changes. :shrug:

MajorChaos
02-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Herd it on the radio, its thing

jotun
02-06-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to light you on fire for that

Bounty
02-06-2009, 09:53 AM
I always thought everyone said "thing" in the second part. At least I've never noticed otherwise. Maybe that's not the original saying, but apparently language changes. :shrug:

:lol:

It's not just a problem of language changing, it's a problem of the entire MEANING of the saying changing to something incomprehensible. Think about it - does "THING" even make any sense in that saying? What thing?

It's just a pet peeve of mine, and I can't believe one of our Senators actually used this incorrectly. It just seems to demonstrate (to me, at least) that he speaks without knowing what he's actually saying.

Then again, I suppose that's par for the course inside the Beltway these days.

Vanster
02-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Maybe he was quoting Judas Priest?

coombz
02-06-2009, 09:54 AM
irony meets the black kettle

olaf
02-06-2009, 09:57 AM
:lol:

It's not just a problem of language changing, it's a problem of the entire MEANING of the saying changing to something incomprehensible. Think about it - does "THING" even make any sense in that saying? What thing?

It's just a pet peeve of mine, and I can't believe one of our Senators actually used this incorrectly. It just seems to demonstrate (to me, at least) that he speaks without knowing what he's actually saying.

Then again, I suppose that's par for the course inside the Beltway these days.

You've come to the wrong place if you're trying to vent about improper usage of language, buddy. You reference your past idiocy but it doesn't make it better.

james
02-06-2009, 09:57 AM
i think you're wrong

Bounty
02-06-2009, 09:59 AM
You reference your past idiocy but it doesn't make it better.

Are you talking about the time my WIFE used "be who of" as if it were an actual phrase? Get yer facts straight, thar, may-tee.

Scuzzle
02-06-2009, 10:00 AM
moot.

olaf
02-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Are you talking about the time my WIFE used "be who of" as if it were an actual phrase? Get yer facts straight, thar, may-tee.

Let me just research this and get back to you. I don't care. If you're married to her you gotta be in the same intellectual boat.

borlaK
02-06-2009, 10:02 AM
tip: languages change

so should you ^_^

Bounty
02-06-2009, 10:02 AM
I'll save you the trouble, olaf. ;)

Fine. A few months ago he and I were talking and I SAID IT. He promptly corrected me, an argument ensued and he didn't get any for a week. Yes, I said it. He knows it is supposed to be "behoove" but I watched an episode of "Friends" with the chocolate guy (and Monica) and it sure as **** sounded like "be who of". There you have it.

olaf
02-06-2009, 10:03 AM
I'll save you the trouble, olaf. ;)

I don't know why you did.

Okay. Regroup.

Thank you?

Bounty
02-06-2009, 10:04 AM
tip: languages change

so should you ^_^

Even if the "change" results in a saying becoming entirely nonsensical?

Skyler
02-06-2009, 10:05 AM

http://barfblog.foodsafety.ksu.e du/HappyCow.jpg