t-573923 [UO] Free Shard [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

[UO] Free Shard

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

d0ggy
02-02-2009, 01:52 AM
Anyone wanna start playing on a free shard? Last time we did a TW thing, was a blast. Shame server was **** though. I only know of 1 shard, UOGamers which is pretty popular. 1000 people usually online. edit: Ignore all the thread ****ting on the first few pages, just a buncha pussies that cant handle UO.

To get started download:
ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/uo/setup-1.46.0.3.exe
You will also need:
Razor (http://www.runuo.com/razor/download.php)

Install both, then patch up UO to retail. Turn off then run Razor. Use that to start the game, and in the
pulldown server menu select UOGamers:Hybrid. Most populated free shard.

Templates
Common Templates on Hybrid - UOGamers Forums (http://www.uogamers.com/forum/skills-templates/73542-common-templates-hybrid.html)
Skill leveling
A Comprehensive Guide to Skills and Skill Gain - UOGamers Forums (http://www.uogamers.com/forum/skills-templates/21142-comprehensive-guide-skills-skill-gain.html)
Alot of good posts in here for starting out
Guides - UOGamers Forums (http://www.uogamers.com/forum/guides/)

If you are gonna give it a try, post here. I even think the old TW UO subforum wasnt deleted so we could use that if I can get more interested.

Get in touch with me on aim or steam as : xd0ggyx

Character Names
d0ggy - Harold Swaggins / Butch Swaggins
Odio - Stormcall
DrJonez - Tremendo
Bigcheezit - Bigcheezit
Rooster - Kunta Kentai

DrSupey
02-02-2009, 01:57 AM
OMG SOUNDS EXCITING :)

Toranaga
02-02-2009, 02:02 AM
i played for a while then quit because its hard to pvp when your ping is ****ty

and also most of the other people playing are huge ******s (mostly from SA)

mjoe
02-02-2009, 02:04 AM
i think UO came out before i was born

d0ggy
02-02-2009, 02:21 AM
OMG SOUNDS EXCITING :)

It does, but its more exciting when you have a group to play with.

i think UO came out before i was born

97, please dont say your that young.

HaPpY
02-02-2009, 02:27 AM
oh you ARE a 12 yr old... lol

[MD5]Hash
02-02-2009, 02:42 AM
UO is such garbage, I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would subject themselves to that piece of ****.

d0ggy
02-02-2009, 02:54 AM
Hash;14235773']UO is such garbage, I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would subject themselves to that piece of ****.

Cool opinion, I completely understand why you think its a piece of ****. Oh wait, no I dont.

HaPpY
02-02-2009, 03:05 AM
the only thing i ever did in UO was pickpocket everyone... good times good times... rest of the game is bleh though

SharpShooter
02-02-2009, 03:07 AM
I read this as free shart (**** + fart) and after opening I guess it is shart.

Highfive
02-02-2009, 03:08 AM
UO is the worst game I've ever had the displeasure of writing a post about.

PS I've never played UO

[MD5]Hash
02-02-2009, 03:11 AM
Cool opinion, I completely understand why you think its a piece of ****. Oh wait, no I dont.

Because it is a piece of ****.

It's a sandbox MMO built on an 8-bit DOS graphical tileset, had no global chat function, was so open-ended that there was nothing to grasp onto, there was no coherent structure to the game to speak of.

Not to be a heckler on graphics, but the graphics in this game were so bad that it made the game feel about as dynamic as bathroom tile. You randomly stepped from one block into the next, scrolling your 2 dimensional world along with you.

The chat functions were retarded. When you talked you talked within the screen, when you yelled it was slightly outside of that, there was nothing else. Want to whisper a friend? Tough. Talk to your guildies that weren't standing in the same grid as you - oh well.

There was no backstory, no plot, you just ran around doing ****. Like Gaia Online, you just kill **** for the sake of killing ****, and if you hadn't already been playing for years there's no possible way to fit into this retarded universe.

So after you've had your fill of killing Rabid Porch Monkeys, then you moved on to doing something unique. Like what? Well, you could.... Make ****, sell ****, make money, store money. Build a house, build a mansion, build an elaborate hideout. Three hours later you quickly realize just how completely worthless this game is and move on with your life.

d0ggy
02-02-2009, 03:13 AM
Hash;14235793']Because it is a piece of ****.

It's a sandbox MMO built on an 8-bit DOS graphical tileset, had no global chat function, was so open-ended that there was nothing to grasp onto, there was no coherent structure to the game to speak of.

Not to be a heckler on graphics, but the graphics in this game were so bad that it made the game feel about as dynamic as bathroom tile. You randomly stepped from one block into the next, scrolling your 2 dimensional world along with you.

The chat functions were retarded. When you talked you talked within the screen, when you yelled it was slightly outside of that, there was nothing else. Want to whisper a friend? Tough. Talk to your guildies that weren't standing in the same grid as you - oh well.

There was no backstory, no plot, you just ran around doing ****. Like Gaia Online, you just kill **** for the sake of killing ****, and if you hadn't already been playing for years there's no possible way to fit into this retarded universe.

So after you've had your fill of killing Rabid Porch Monkeys, then you moved on to doing something unique. Like what? Well, you could.... Make ****, sell ****, make money, store money. Build a house, build a mansion, build an elaborate hideout. Three hours later you quickly realize just how completely worthless this game is and move on with your life.

Thats way better then just saying the game sucks. I figured you woulda said you got killed by a red, lost all your loot and quit on the spot.

HaPpY
02-02-2009, 03:14 AM
show me a better mmo to be released at the time then...

its like the 2nd mmo ever made lol

d0ggy
02-02-2009, 03:16 AM

I know right? A game that came out in 1997 has bad graphics? Many people, including me still believe UO was one of the best MMOs ever. Plus its free, so why not play if your bored?

[MD5]Hash
02-02-2009, 03:17 AM

Well, it might be the 2nd commercial MMO, but MUDS have been out for longer.

As a matter of fact, I'll go as far as to say that UO is a MUD with a UI mod attached, and a bad MUD at that.

And arguably before that we had BBS - while technically not an MMO on the "massive" scale, since usually only one user could log in at a time, many people could log in over the course of the day to participate in the door games.

Highfive
02-02-2009, 03:18 AM
There are plenty of free games, why play one extremely outdated, especially if it sucks.

d0ggy
02-02-2009, 03:23 AM
There are plenty of free games, why play one extremely outdated, especially if it sucks.

It doesnt suck. No levels, skill based system, ffa pvp, player run economy, non instanced dungeons. The list goes on. Sure the graphics are old, but the gameplay is fun.

DrJonez
02-02-2009, 04:06 AM
I haven't played UO in ages and I'm kinda bored, so I'll give this a shot. Does everyone stand around and macro all day like a fag? If so, gay.

d0ggy
02-02-2009, 04:11 AM
I haven't played UO in ages and I'm kinda bored, so I'll give this a shot. Does everyone stand around and macro all day like a fag? If so, gay.

Macroing unattended is allowed on the server, if it wasnt I doubt id wanna play there. Its nice waking up to another GM :P