Anyone read all of Pahlaniuk's books?

Przn

Veteran XX
Seen FC, and just got done w/Snuff, so i'm up for anything other than those 2.

To those who've read more, which are your favorites?

you should still read fight club. good book. survivor and invisible monster are also good. choke and haunted are ok. i would stay away from diary.

me fav

survivor.jpg

Ive read them all except Stranger Than Fiction, which is a collection of essays, not necessarly a book.

Diary, Lullaby, and Haunted are just okay, the rest are pretty awesome.

Definitely read Survivor, Choke, and Invisible Monsters. Rant, too, its supposed to be a 3 part series (his first)

Thanks for the recommendations. I don't actually 'read' these anyway. I end up listening to them at work. Wish i had more time, but better books are ahead of Mr. Palahniuk.

A quick question, are all his 'facts' true? or does he make shit up? I haven't had a chance to google all the shit i heard in Snuff yet.

I dunno about the stuff in Snuff, Im pretty sure a lot of it he actually researches. I know for Choke, where the main character is a med school drop out, he adds a lot of "facts" into the story, and I looked at the references he used (in the front of the book) and it had medicine text books and stuff.

I've only read "Choke", a couple of years ago. It was ok, but it fell apart at the end. The last quarter of the book was fucking stupid. I think I read 10 pages of that Ghost book, whatever it was then gave up.

I'll try and read fight club at some point but I hate reading novels after I've already seen the movie.

edit: Haunted was the book I only read 10 pages of.

Last edited:
choke and fight club are his best
survivor is amazing
his short story book kinda sucks
lullaby is entertaining but not profound
haunted and diary are okay
invisible monsters is the worst book i ever read
rant and snuff i have yet to read

i think that is all of them

Back