Doubt was the best movie of 2008!

Reggs

Veteran XX

I went in expecting to really enjoy Hoffman, and I did, but Meryl Streep stole the show and will likely win an Oscar for her performance. Her acting is one of the best I've seen in the past 5 years or so.

What's the general plot without spoiling the movie?

It looked like a priest trying to cover up his love for little boys and a nun trying to make him confess

Edit: Nevermind, just watched the youtube video you posted which was a lot better than the previews on TV at explaining the plot. I really want to see it now

Last edited:
There really is nothing to spoil. You never find out if he did it or not. People will see this and reach either a "He did it" or "He didn't do it" conclusion. I saw it with my dad and we both thought there was probably abuse, but still argued for 30-45 mins about what factors presented in the movie would indicate guilt or not. It's a great movie to see with friends and talk about, kind of like American History X.

It looks like it would be tremendously good, but I think it might creep me out.

There's nothing explicit in this movie, just as you would expect nuns and priests to speak. I don't even think the words abuse, sexual, or molest are even spoken in the whole movie.

Yeah, they seem to have done a good job of never really going so far as to explain what did or did not go on, and I think ending it as they did, with you not truly knowing was a good way to go about it.

Only 6 replies to the best movie of 2008?

I should have guessed. Keep on repeating OMG DOOZ SHAWSHANK REDPENTION IS BEST MOVI EVER!!! and DUDE DID U SEE DONNIE DARKO? THATS SOO DEEEEEP! ITZ LEIK...ABOUT GOD N SHIT LOL.

I should have guessed. Keep on repeating OMG DOOZ SHAWSHANK REDPENTION IS BEST MOVI EVER!!! and DUDE DID U SEE DONNIE DARKO? THATS SOO DEEEEEP! ITZ LEIK...ABOUT GOD N SHIT LOL.

Awww you bumped your own thread. :sunny:

MANG YOU FORGOT THE 5IFTH ELEMANT!

Back