[cars] Remote car starter ...

VektorX

Veteran XV
So my wife broke the remote part for our after-market remote car starter. The LED busted off and I wasn't able to fix it well-enough at the EE department here at college.

We bought the car used (04 Camry) from a friend who had the remote car starter put in elsewhere. Can I goto someplace and buy a regular car remote and reprogram it to work with the installed system, or do I have to have an entirely new system put in?

I want to, I have to fucking go outside in -20 weather to start the car 10 minutes b4 we goto work now.

She's getting a black eye for christmas

No expert here, but assuming whatever remote you get can be set to the frequency for the starter option, then it should work.

No expert here, but assuming whatever remote you get can be set to the frequency for the starter option, then it should work.

Don't those things have some sort of car-specific encoding though? Otherwise you could start any alike model with the remote *shrug*

you can go to any car audio place and get a replacement or have one ordered and they can program it. they are the greatest.

Back