[cfb] Conference Championship Week

Haunt

Veteran XX
SEC
Alabama vs. Florida

I'm an Alabama fan, so I have a huge bias towards the tide. But, objectively looking at this game, I think Bama has what it takes to shut down Florida on offense and put points up on Florida's defense. The Florida D line is weak and Saban will exploit it. Florida's offense hasn't seen the trickery and determination of Alabama's defense before. Florida has come no where close to a big game versus a good defense. I see Alabama winning the second half and the game.

30-27, Bama progresses to the BCS National Championship.

Big 12
OU vs. Mizzou

I just don't see Mizzou summoning the strength and talent to beat the Sooners. The Sooner offense is too dynamic for Mizzou's defense and Mizzou's offense has been lackluster, especially after last week's loss. OU should win this one by two+ touchdowns and progress to the BCS National Championship.

48-21, OU

MAC
Ball State vs. Buffalo

All I have to say is Go Bulls, but I don't think Buffalo can pull this one out. Ball State should win the MAC this year.. they've put together a very dominant season this year.

41-14, Ball State

ACC
BC vs. VT

BC should end up winning this one. They've been more productive on offense this year than VT has, but VT is still a very good ACC team. I disagree with these two teams playing for the ACC championship. Regardless of the heads up rule, Georgia Tech and Florida State should be in this game. Well, maybe not Florida State, but GaTech should definitely be in it.

20-14, BC

USC vs. UCLA

UCLA's offense isn't productive and USC's defense is dominant. It's easy to see who the winner will be. I figure over/under will be around 50 with the majority of that being USC's score.

Edit:

Army vs. Navy

Civil Warr131321!!! Navy's favored by 10.5, and I'd agree with that.. I think we'll see Navy putting it to Army this year.

Last edited:
Buffalo won 2 consecutive road double OT games in a row to clinch the MAC East. They're decent, but have been somewhat inconsistent. I'll be surprised if they can't keep it somewhat close with Ball St., but Ball St. should win.

i know mac football

it's only fair that GT doesn't go to the conference championship this year, in 2006 VT was playing the best football by the end of the year but we went to the championship instead (and failed embarrassingly against wake forest with Reggie not throwing to a wide open Calvin)

GT beat the 3 teams that VT lost to and they're the highest ranked ACC team. They should be there over VT imo.

we lost to VT

I guess I shouldn't say it's fair but it's karma, because the same thing happened in reverse in 2006 (VT beat the team we had lost to, was the highest ranked team at the time, and was playing better football than we were at that point but we went to the championship rather than them)

we lost to VT

By a field goal.

VT hasn't proven they deserve to be there. They didn't beat any of the ACC's traditionally tough teams and barely eeked out a win over GT. Sure in a toss up they get the nod but I don't have much doubt that BC will beat them again.

Hey Gators
Hey Gators
We just beat the hell outta you!
Rammer Jammer Yellowhammer
Give 'em hell Alabama

I was gonna make a joke about how people who obviously never went to college shouldn't be fans of college football, but then I remembered that having gone to a Florida college that many students were exactly like that.

yeah, VT is having a very week year. just look at these numbers:

The Hokies had to replace 13 players from last year's ACC championship roster who were either drafted by the NFL or signed as free agents. Their top four receivers? Gone. Seven starters on defense? Gone. We're talking a total of 6,139 career receiving yards, 43 touchdowns, 59 sacks, 32 interceptions and 153.5 tackles for loss.

Gone.

They're numbers that have been overshadowed this season by one -- Virginia Tech's 103rd-ranked offense.

Virginia Tech had nine season-ending injuries, including two that affected the offense significantly. Starting tailback Kenny Lewis Jr. and starting receiver Brandon Dillard both ruptured their Achilles, forcing underclassmen into key roles.

Very seldom do you have that much inexperience at one position," Beamer said of his receivers. "I wouldn't want a secondary full of freshmen. When you get all freshmen at that position, I just think it's hard. I like playing young guys, I like playing freshmen, but I like a couple of seniors around them, too. We haven't had that luxury there at wide receiver"

ESPN - Inexperience secondary to expectations at Virginia Tech - ACC

Back