"Bolt" was a fantastic movie.

[MoM] Gort

Veteran XX
Yeah, yeah..."kid's movie"...whatever.

It's not as good as Pixar's best (Incredibles, Toy Story 1 & 2) but it's on par with their mid-range stuff like Monsters, Inc.

Better than "Cars", funnier than "Shrek."

4.5 out of 5 stars.

I went and saw Madagascar 2 w/ the gf last night at the drivein. It was decent. If I weren't able to drink and smoke during the movie and I had to see it in a theatre I probably wouldn't have gone.

Last edited:
I went and saw Madagascar 2 w/ the gf last night at the drivein. It was decent. If I weren't able to drink and smoke during the movie and I had to see it in a theatre I probably wouldn't have gone.

well, that's the statement of a true winning life there... not being able to enjoy yourself watching a movie with you gf if you can't drink and smoke...

i refuse to believe its better than monsters inc. i loved that movie so much... and bolt is just about some superhero dog. blah.

perhaps i'll give it a shot once its out to rent.

well, that's the statement of a true winning life there... not being able to enjoy yourself watching a movie with you gf if you can't drink and smoke...

no bro

winning life is obviously giving a shit what someone else does at a drive-in movie

The gerbil in the plastic ball is the only interesting character, based on previews.

Who let John Travolta out of his cage?

I have wanted to see this movie since the first preview came out. I almost passed out laughing so hard at the hamster. I went and saw it and was not dissapointed. The hamster makes the whole movie.

The voice actor for Rhino isn't even an actor, its a an animator and when they heard his "test voice" for the animation they knew they had to keep him.

Animators put temp sound of themselves in to make sure the animation flows and evidently he is just like Rhino in real life and was a perfect match.

I went in to see Bolt very enthusiastically (as in, i was waiting for it to come out for the last few weeks).

That said, I walked out a bit disappointed overall. They put the funniest parts of the film in the trailers, the only cool character was the hampster (who was very cool).

They tried to make it a road movie but fell flat, putting a fucking country song in the middle of it instead of actually adding to the plot or adventure, which just seemed like lazy filmmaking.

Also, the second they trotted out the Bolt 2.0 you fucking KNEW that instead of being reunited Bolt would see the new dog and walk away sullenly only to find out minutes (or seconds in this case due to more lazy filmmaking) later that she really wants him. It was really cliche.

edit: Rhino's Big Adventure would be an awesome sequel.
That all said, the 3d was fantastic. The best parts of the movie were the first 30 minutes and all scenes with the hampster. I liked it but they could've done a bit more. It could have been as good as the incredibles but the directors were just too lazy and short sighted to pull it off.

Last edited:
i didnt really care for the incredibles.

Monsters, Inc and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar efforts

I wish i could figure out what it is about Ratatouille that made it so awesome. I saw it once and thought it was alright, but nothing amazing. Everyone else seems to love it though

Make sure you see it in 3D
It was a cool addition, but 3D isn't required. It's an enjoyable movie either way.

Kwago/qkslver: You must be high. "The Incredibles" is the best movie Pixar has ever done, topping Toy Story 1 & 2. It should have won an Oscar for "Best Picture", not "Best Animated Picture."

Back