[registry]Can anyone help me?

SweetbabyJ

Contributor
Veteran XX
I'm trying to get cc cleaner to run on my other partition that i'm not running windows from (trying to fix the other one) but it won't- i tried installing it there too. Is it possible or does anyone know of other programs that will, free or worth buying? thanks in advance for any help.

I couldnt load windows (xp) because theres a corrupt file(s) so I installed it on the other partition of the drive and now am trying to go to the original one and try to fix it. but all these programs only look at the partition windows is running from.

thank thank you, i knew it had to be possible i'm just slow.

edit: doesn't seem to work, can't put root of the folder in, and if i choose windows folder it says it's going to empty it. That option is only for deleting.

Last edited:
thank thank you, i knew it had to be possible i'm just slow.

edit: doesn't seem to work, can't put root of the folder in, and if i choose windows folder it says it's going to empty it. That option is only for deleting.

go for it

what do corrupt files have to do with the registry?

you've provided fuck-all information

I've tried the repair from xp cd with no luck.
If I install xp as an upgrade what will i lose?

You lose your profile and everything associated with it. So if you have anything encrypted via windows kiss it bye bye, also My Docs, Favs etc. So I would backup my profile directory before I did an upgrade. Programs should remain unaffected and your windows directory goes bye bye.

Back