MRSA - Are you familiar with it?

Have you had it?

MRSA infection - MayoClinic.com
MRSA Infection Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Prevention and Diagnosis on MedicineNet.com

This stuff is nasty. I've heard people talking about it a lot the last year or so. The infection can eat right through you and come out the other side. It requires surgery and other nasty treatment.

The sudden spike in my interest is due to a scrape on my ankle that I'm watching very closely.

Links:

* No pics because they are pretty gross.

This is a little more than a typical staff infection. MRSA is resistant to the antibiotics typically used for this sort of thing.

Treatments are really strong antibiotics together with the doctors trying to cut out every chunk of infection they can find.

This is a little more than a typical staff infection. MRSA is resistant to the antibiotics typically used for this sort of thing.

Treatments are really strong antibiotics together with the doctors trying to cut out every chunk of infection they can find.
I'm aware, but most people still just call it Staph.

so are you saying you had sex
which caused you this strange STD?
I don't believe the Sex part.

i had this before.. got it during a trip to italy and the mediteranian.

i was in the hospital for a few weeks while they pumped me full of antibiotics :(

I spent several years on a research project involving MRSA, with cultures grown from an isolate that was originally scraped out of someone's femur.

We grew it in sets of parallel silicon tubing designed to replicate blood vessel flow, fed continuously from 10 gallon carboys of enriched media. The outflow was collected in similar containers, and this reactor was run for weeks.

The quantity of staph present was really frightening, and working with it required more than a few safety precautions.

070503094447-large.jpg

Jackson_popcorn.gif

scary part is it can grow fast and most of ur standard run of the mill antibiotics ur dr can prescribe u to take home wont 'reliably' work...

but vancomycin (will only work IV in this case) will work and resistance to vanc is super rare, and then there are some others besides vanc ... so u'll just have to stay in hospital or get home health to get drug IV unless u get ur dr. to prescribe u some uber $expensive$ linezolid to take home (but he shouldn't)

also depending on where infection is there are other things u can use ie in ur nose can use some bacitracin, or certain drugs if its in urinary tract etc. but for serious infections ull probly be in hospital

Last edited:
Considering that roughly 99% of MRSA infections originate in hospitals, I'm pretty certain that your ankle booboo will be fine if you pray to Jesus really hard.

Unless of course you've just had ankle surgery.

Then imaginary friends can't save you.

Yeah I had an ingrown hair that turned into MRSA.....ingrown hair turned in to a ball about the size of a grapefruit....I avoided going to the Dr. When I finaly went he admitted me ....I had a fever of 104...It was now in my blood and attacking my body ( heart ,kiddneys,liver and I was now turning yellow) They hooked me up to Meds for the infection which took 2 days ...I was then scheduled for surgery and they cut a huge hole in my ass the size of a lemon....3 more days in hospital and i was released...

Considering that roughly 99% of MRSA infections originate in hospitals, I'm pretty certain that your ankle booboo will be fine if you pray to Jesus really hard.

Unless of course you've just had ankle surgery.

Then imaginary friends can't save you.

i dont know about 99% (and am too lazy to look it uP) but there are more and more 'reports' of Community Acquired MRSA which is why there is a concern....

Back