t-565775 Cincinatti Spaghetti / Chili [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

Cincinatti Spaghetti / Chili

JWUGrad
11-16-2008, 09:15 PM
This will NOT taste like traditional chili. It will taste more like German chili.

It is served 5 different ways:

1-way chili in a bowl
2-way chili over spaghetti
3-way chili over sketti add cheddar cheese
4-way chili over sketti topped w/ onions then cheese
5-way chili over sketti topped w/ onions beans and cheese

2 lbs ground meat
46 oz (the big can) tomato juice
2 tb dried onion
1 tsp Worcestershire
1.5 tsp salt
3 beef bullion cubes
3 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp allspice
3 tb white vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder

MOP

Brown meat and drain
Put meat and ALL ingredients into pot and cook for at least 3-4 hours. the longer it cooks the better it tastes!

This makes enough for the 3 of us to eat (Bounty, myself and Jack) and enough for 2 more meals.

Breyer
11-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Brown meat

lol

Ravyn
11-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Just curious JWU, how thick is this? As a Chili, it seems with just the use of Tomato Juice (rather than Tomato filets/stewed tomatoes/chopped tomatoes/tomato paste) that it would be pretty runny as opposed to a thick chunky chili. Do all the spices and the beef really thicken it up enough to make it bread bowl worthy without completely soaking into the bread bowl and making it soggy?

Cheers

JWUGrad
11-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Just curious JWU, how thick is this? As a Chili, it seems with just the use of Tomato Juice (rather than Tomato filets/stewed tomatoes/chopped tomatoes/tomato paste) that it would be pretty runny as opposed to a thick chunky chili. Do all the spices and the beef really thicken it up enough to make it bread bowl worthy without completely soaking into the bread bowl and making it soggy?

Cheers

No, it is not thick enough to prevent soggy bread. (1 handed @ keyboard. I'm nursing the baby.) It has a medium-ish viscosity.

**ETA**

here is a pic my friend took of hers. (SAHM site that has recipe board)

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w228/jmcincotta/food004.jpg

If I remember correctly, I made it once with 2 cans of crushed tomatoes and it turned out much thicker. (bread bowl compatible).

Sorry I didn't think of it earlier, I tend to forget how to speak to adults until after my kids are in bed. Unless of course you are talking about peanut butter and honey sandwiches, booboos, lovies, or your need to sit on the potty.

cheezit
11-20-2008, 12:03 AM
i'll be making this tomorrow. I'm expecting great things.

FOURSTAR
11-21-2008, 04:41 PM
ive always wondered what the 1-5 way chili meant

old_skul
11-25-2008, 03:06 AM
I need to sit on the potty.

Er. Um. Yeah, that looks like a nice recipe, Gail. I would throw in a block of the darkest chocolate you can find. The keys to a good Cincy-style chili are the cinnamon and allspice, though. It still doesn't taste like Skyline chili - nothing does - but it's not bad. We eat it sometimes.