is hdmi one way? also, how does one stream live tv

Vee

Veteran X
when you have a hdmi cable hooked up from a computer to a tv (using tv as monitor) is it possible to stream from the tv back to the computer through the same said hdmi connection or does it only go one way? also, what are some other ways to stream to a site like justin.tv?

It could go both ways if the television supported HDMI-Out. However, to my knowledge, no television supports output.

Televisions are like women, they take it in all their holes and don't give anything back.

yah why would you go back from TV to computer? i think you wanna go from the cable/satellite to the computer

ok so say i have an hdmi out from my cable box. if i connect that to the computer does the computer have the abilty to take it in throught that same one hdmi connection going out?

It could go both ways if the television supported HDMI-Out. However, to my knowledge, no television supports output.

Televisions are like women, they take it in all their holes and don't give anything back.

..no

you'd still need the pc input for hdmi.

inputs connect to outputs

afaik i've never seen bidirectional ports on a tv or computer with regards to tv standards

Back