Would you pay an extra $125 for 2 inches?

Odio

Contributor
Veteran XX
Being the nerdvirgin that I am, I watch a lot of Anime and movies on my computer. I also play video games. I'm currently using an old 19" Dell CRT for the games, and until i upgraded to the 4850, I was using an old 27" television as a second monitor to watch my cartoons/movies.

Will a 26 inch wide screen be enough, or should I pay the extra $125 for a 28 inch?

Last edited:
Hmm, I a little confused; are you asking about a the new LCD to use as a 2nd monitor for cartoons/movies, or for your gaming or just as one monitor for both?? If for both, JMO, 28 inch wide will be too much for gaming ===> for cartoon/movies, I bet you will be real happy...
I think this comes down to personal preference/adjustment/comfort especially on the gaming side; I bought a 24 inch wide for gaming and took it back for a 22 inch wide with 2ms response time to play Tribes..

An HDTV would be the cheapest bet. I bought a 37" 1080p monitor and I enjoy playing 360/PC games on it and also watching movies/tv. Don't bother with smaller monitors unless you don't have the desk space for one.

Oh and LOL at 28" being "too much" for gaming.

Last edited:
Welp, just like when i took the dual core over the quad core, monetary restrictions are going to force me to purchase the 26 incher:(

Back