tmobile g1

apollod

Veteran XX
Anybody that preordered one, did you get it today? I'm on it as we speak... I love the trackball; which is nothing new for blackberry users. Def worth the upgrade over the wing. I can't wait until the android marketplace is in full swing.

Have to wait till Dec. to get mine because of contract but it's the phone that I want. I really hope to see lots of quality apps on android marketplace by the time I get mine in the mail.

what color did u niggas get black white or brown?

brown is just to ugly

I was tempted to get white but it felt to ipodish so I was like fuck it and stayed traditional and got black

so what's the deal with the audio jack? also, how much onboard storage does it have?

price?

you insert the mini SD card so you have infinite storage essentially

price was 170$ for me

the audio jack is retarded I have no idea why they did that

Were you using any of the xda-dev Wing ROMs? I'm currently using OTP7.5 Lite. Is the G1 better than that?
Yeah; can't remember which one tho, since I flashed it nearly a year ago. But yeah, I like the g1's interface much better over htc home. 3g is also a major plus as is gps. Comes with pretty much all the standard accessories the wing did plus a 1gig micro sd card. About the same thickness as the wing but longer and just a bit shorter in width. Doesn't seem to be as heavy.

I have black.. audio comes out htc's standard usb jack crap.. so it does require a dongle and supposedly no stereo bluetooth, but I haven't messed with bluetooth at all. I ordered a 8 gig micro sd off newegg so iLm waiting on that to come in

I have black.. audio comes out htc's standard usb jack crap.. so it does require a dongle and supposedly no stereo bluetooth, but I haven't messed with bluetooth at all. I ordered a 8 gig micro sd off newegg so iLm waiting on that to come in
that's cool about the expandable storage. that SUCKS about the dongle and no blue-tooth. that will make me wait until the next gen comes out. fuck that. i want some hands-free wireless communication action.

HTC Home has been out of style for quite some time now. The most fashionable setup for the Wing now is TouchFlo (Manilla 2D). Here it is in action (the Wing runs it just as fast as whatever phone is depicted in this video):

I don't see myself switching to Android just yet simply because this is the best thing to happen to my phone since I got it. This thing is so damn fast, and it's incredibly lightweight for what it does. Oh, and if you run a memory hog (e.g., Opera), TouchFlo will unload itself from memory to give your other application some room.

HTC Home has been out of style for quite some time now. The most fashionable setup for the Wing now is TouchFlo (Manilla 2D). Here it is in action (the Wing runs it just as fast as whatever phone is depicted in this video):

I don't see myself switching to Android just yet simply because this is the best thing to happen to my phone since I got it. This thing is so damn fast, and it's incredibly lightweight for what it does. Oh, and if you run a memory hog (e.g., Opera), TouchFlo will unload itself from memory to give your other application some room.

mine has touchflo ontop of home... didn't really use touchflo all that much; too gimicky

It was, then I went home early and ran over it with my hybrid a few times

[wahlberg] Hey there. How ya doin? How's that hybrid working out for ya? Oh ya, you get more man ass then ever before. That's cool. Well, say hello to mother for me. [/wahlberg]

Explain further Dooby...

I have been trying to figure out if I'll be able to put Android on my Mogul or not. as I want an alternative, but through all my searching I haven't been able to find shit, other than "BUY A G1."

Explain the alternative you're on.

Wait, the phone does not have built in bluetooth? You need to plug a dongle into the phone in order to use your handsfree?

I have had tmobile for like 6 years, and only recently upgraded for the 1st time last year, and resigned for a 2 year contract. Am I still eligible for an upgrade? 10 months left on 2 yr contract.

I was tempted but I after I saw the side by side demo for the G1 and iPhone I decided to leave T-Mobile and get an iPhone. I think the Android platform is still very young, BUT I do believe in 6-12 months it will be much stronger. Also with the lack of current 3G coverage with T-Mobile is another reason I went with AT&T.

Good luck with your G1's guys and hopefully they work out well.

Back