joe the plumber and his new truck

LogRoller

Veteran XX
so the hullabaloo over this joe/obama conversation is that he said he wanted to spend part of his $250,000 on a new truck and stuff like that, and that he would not be able to if his taxes went up (the increase of which is by about 3 percent, btw, which means $7,500).

now, regardless of the amount, if he buys a truck, it comes out of his bottom line the first year, but then the depreciation is deductible after the first year for the life of the truck. also, all of his fuel costs and stuff go under opex, and is not taxed.

so how is it that this guy could possibly say that he could not grow his business as a result of tax increases? i don't see how this tax increase would alter his behavior or ability to grow his business at all. if he is running a business so marginal that it can not foster any growth due to a 3 percent increase, he's probably not a very good businessman.

can someone enlighten me? do i have my math wrong here?

Some people have businesses with marginal revenues purely for tax purposes. That's why the govt is looking into restructuring businesses so that you must have more than just marginal revenue.

This is probably the case, or something very similar to it.

who the fuck cares? he isn't you.. why the fuck do you care? worry about your own shit and how obamas or mccains tax proposals affect you not joe schmo from bumfuck egypt.

Some people have businesses with marginal revenues purely for tax purposes. That's why the govt is looking into restructuring businesses so that you must have more than just marginal revenue.

This is probably the case, or something very similar to it.

exxonmobil is like that

you folks have no idea how much they waste in operating expenses all in the name of keeping talent

i bet they'd be making 20 percent if it were not for the waste

You're trying to analyze the Joe the Plumber thing? It's not a logical argument. It's a pathetic argument meant to rile up the people who can't separate Obama from Stalin in their poor, addled minds.

Under Obama's plan, actually growing your small business is ENCOURAGED if it is taxed after 250k or more, because it forces you to INVEST MORE money back into the business in order to try to get below the extra tax threshold

BECAUSE MONEY SPENT on shit like that is TAX DEDUCTIBLE

HOW DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?

who the fuck cares? he isn't you.. why the fuck do you care? worry about your own shit and how obamas or mccains tax proposals affect you not joe schmo from bumfuck egypt.

well, i appear to do better by obama given my situation

but it's pretty close to a wash

and the reason i ask is because i have intellectual curiosity

does that bother you

well, i appear to do better by obama given my situation

but it's pretty close to a wash

and the reason i ask is because i have intellectual curiosity

does that bother you

Your intellectual curiosity shoulda told you that it was a bullshit made up question/story to begin with

so the hullabaloo over this joe/obama conversation is that he said he wanted to spend part of his $250,000 on a new truck and stuff like that, and that he would not be able to if his taxes went up (the increase of which is by about 3 percent, btw, which means $7,500).

now, regardless of the amount, if he buys a truck, it comes out of his bottom line the first year, but then the depreciation is deductible after the first year for the life of the truck. also, all of his fuel costs and stuff go under opex, and is not taxed.

so how is it that this guy could possibly say that he could not grow his business as a result of tax increases? i don't see how this tax increase would alter his behavior or ability to grow his business at all. if he is running a business so marginal that it can not foster any growth due to a 3 percent increase, he's probably not a very good businessman.

i haven't even read a thread much less a news report on 'joe the plumber' but 3% of your profit towards growth is not an unusual number for a small business.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Fact check: Has the Obama campaign launched ‘political attacks’ against ‘Joe the Plumber?’ - Blogs from CNN.com

In an interview with CNN on October 16, Wurzelbacher clarified that the company he wants to buy makes well less than $250,000 a year — which Obama says means his taxes would not be increased. Families making more than $250,000 could see taxes go up under Obama's plan, according to the campaign, while those making less than that amount would not see any raise.

the funny thing is... putting aside that the guy is entirely full of shit... he'd be looking at a perhaps 3% tax increase at worst, assuming he cant work out some tax breaks.

id love to see all these faggots whiners walk their talk and try doing business

outside

of

america

if they think it's that bad here. At worse, Obama might raise taxes on the top 5% to Reagan era levels. The entire GOP platform has become sadly nothing but throwing doodoo.

Back