Why do some think cats aren't as important?

DocHolliday

Contributor
Veteran XX
I noticed how dog owners think of cats as if they are just randoms roadkills not worth mentioning to the family that they belong to.

Do you think the family that owns said cat would miss it? Do you think it's not as important as your oh so super duper special dog? Do you think dogs are 1 step belong a real human being?

Your assumptions are a slap to the face of the people who cared for that animal.

if the dog is smaller than ur average cat its not a dog and cat rules apply

edit: i think i posted this in the wrong thread, too many

Generally there aren't many stray dogs roaming around, while it's not uncommon to see a lot of stray cats. So when you hit a cat, chances are it was probably a stray.

Generally there aren't many stray dogs roaming around, while it's not uncommon to see a lot of stray cats. So when you hit a cat, chances are it was probably a stray.

That's because dogs don't have the individualism that cats have. Dogs just sit in a yard and sometimes dig holes. Cats will just jump the fence and wander around while knowing where thier home is. That's assuming it's an outdoor cat and not just an indoor cat.

Cats are less human than dogs.

The degree to which people sympathize with an animal depends in part on the degree to which the animal is human. Most people would feel a lot worse ethically about eating a chimpanzee than they would about eating a pheasant.

I prefer cats, but if it's an outside cat, it's not really a pet imo. You aren't protecting them at all, and you're basically just feeding a stray.

i wouldn't feel less for the cat, but obviously the owner does.. or it wouldn't be wandering around waiting for your cat to take it out of it's misery.

Cats are just as smart as dogs, they aren't less 'human', they just aren't as clingy.

I had four cats with my ex-wife.

As bone-headed as my two dogs can be sometimes, I would have gladly sacrificed all four of those cats for either of them.

dogs are mindless robots that don't think for themselves. maybe that's why most people love them so much because most people can identify with that

cats are roadkill.

if the people actually gave a shit about them, they'd keep em in the house where they belong.

Back