[360] Braid

SuicideSnowman

Veteran XV
This game just came out on XBLA and it's pretty cool if you're into puzzle or 2d platform type games. It basically consists of a bunch of clever puzzles that you have to solve by using various objects in the world such as goomba looking things (Braid pays homage to games such as Mario) although you'd never find puzzles like these in a Mario game.

You can also reverse time so if you die, you reverse back to right before you died, but it's also an element used in solving some of the puzzles.

Xbox.com | Braid - Game Detail Page

it should be good but I hate how the developer "justified" it's $15 (high for xbla) price tag with "if i priced it lower, I'd risk losing too much money"

Have faith in your fucking game :lol: But then again, marketing an indie/original game on the XBLA is kind of risky. That niche is more of the PSN's thing.

But yeah, it's obvious homage to oldschool mario is awesome
braidjumpsintoaction.jpg

Yeah I'm already on world 5 and I've only been playing for around 4 hours, but I'd say it's still worth it. It's not really any shorter than Portal. Some of the puzzles are frustrating as hell though.

I bought this game and I'm stuck on World 3, level "A Tingling". Can't seem to figure out how to get the first puzzle piece before the entrance gets blocked... help

Fun game though

Give me an explanation of what it looks like and I'll see if I can remember what I did.

EDIT: Ok I remember it now:

Spoiler

Last edited:
i've been waiting for bionic commando to come out. the one on xbl and the new one. i didn't like geo wars 2 that much cause i felt like having a seizure. this sounds pretty fun though. i'll check it out, thanks.

i am going to pick up bionic commando and castle crashers, i been waiting for the latter for almost 2 years, i hope its good and doesnt cost a billion points. I would pay 1200 if its mass good and long with tons of features (though it looks like it will :)).

whoops I meant the second one with the lock and key

Spoiler

i am going to pick up bionic commando and castle crashers, i been waiting for the latter for almost 2 years, i hope its good and doesnt cost a billion points. I would pay 1200 if its mass good and long with tons of features (though it looks like it will :)).

Castle Crashers will be pretty good no doubt. I think everybody's been waiting for that one.

You'll have to show me what's off to the left there. I don't remember that one at all.

Ok I was confused cause it was flipped around. My last spoiler is correct still.

Spoiler

Last edited:
figured it out, you were right i just didn't notice there was another time free platform on the other side. thanks for the help

I was stuck on that one for a while myself. I haven't started world 5 yet since I had to go to work, but world 4 has some real pain in the ass puzzles also.

Pretty fun so far. Wish they'd release more original games like this instead of those recent shitty remakes (Commando, 1942, etc...).

Back