My boss took away our break room

Ostego

Veteran X
So I am in California. Is that even legal for your boss too take away your break room? I search around on google but can't seem to locate anything helpful. But I thought California is the one state where your employer is required to supply a break room . I dunno pretty lame though :(

They are likely required to give you a break but I don't know if the room is part of that deal.

So I am in California. Is that even legal for your boss too take away your break room? I search around on google but can't seem to locate anything helpful. But I thought California is the one state where your employer is required to supply a break room . I dunno pretty lame though :(

:rofl:

I wouldn't be caught dead actually having lunch in our break room.

It only purpose is to supply me with filtered water and coffee.

well, if your job requires you to stay on site for your breaks and/or lunches, then they should by nature be required to provide a safe, clean spot for you to do that.

I think you should march right up to your boss and tell him that it's illegal for him to take away you your break room and that you want it back or you will report him.

Stand up for your rights.

Back