I refuse to pay to play a game I already paid for

Guess what. Soon you'll not only be paying to play something you've already paid for... but they will be advertising to you in game.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Guess what. Soon you'll not only be paying to play something you've already paid for... but they will be advertising to you in game.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

They're already doing that. Check out something like Need for Speed Pro Street where every so often they update the in-game billboards that are positioned around the track.

I'd heard of the media company set up to feed the in-game ads. Just hadn't heard of a title actually using it yet.

Time to fire off an e-mail telling them their game sucks donkey dick and they lost a customer.

yes nSpec they already do it.

It really does not bother me in games like the NFS or Rainbow six where its bases off a real life enviroment. Just adds to the realisum for me.

The thing that DOES bother me about advertising in games is that they are getting paid to have those advertisements in teh game so games should be cheaper because of it yet once you seen this shit hit games they did not go down in price. :fu:

The thing that DOES bother me about advertising in games is that they are getting paid to have those advertisements in teh game so games should be cheaper because of it yet once you seen this shit hit games they did not go down in price. :fu:

I agree. Not only are they (EA) getting paid for marketing somebody else's product, but they're still charging 60 bucks for all their games. And to top it all off, I don't believe EA even pays their developers any royalties for working on those games. All that extra money probably goes to the top two or three guys at EA and fuck everybody else.

im a Mr. Mom so im going with the whole raising kids is harder then a regular job thing and im sticking with it.

google_ads.jpg

wolfenstein-3d-ads-by-google.jpg

070704_Product_placement.jpg

004_after_2.jpg

2307WB4.jpg

20061020.jpg

The ability for corporate gaming to fuck everyone in the ass while they sit back whine but take no action is a perfect parallel for the state of politics in this country.

Is it really a big deal to have games with the occasional billboard?

Also, I think paying a monthly fee for MMO's with support makes sense.

yes nSpec they already do it.

It really does not bother me in games like the NFS or Rainbow six where its bases off a real life enviroment. Just adds to the realisum for me.

also

cs_ads_hit.jpg

medium-2491437826-e1b7159404-o.jpg

Back