[Photography] Thanks Bounty and Kurayami

Fool

Whiny Bitch
Veteran XX
I took your advice and purchased an XSi. Stuck with basic upgrades so far and I'm playing around with it now and enjoying my purchase. Snagged this little guy through my office window this AM.

chipdj0.jpg

The image needs to be lighter.

only the right eye is in focus.

Pretty good for your first attempt

Glad to help.

What lens did you wind up getting?

This particular shot was the 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS EF-S. I figured I'd stick with this and the kit lens for now until I'm confident that it's a hobby I'll continue to pursue.

The image needs to be lighter.

only the right eye is in focus.

Pretty good for your first attempt

Yea I noticed that too. Chipmunks usually don't hold still for longer than a second or two and this one was no exception. I'm actually surprised it came out as well as it did.

Yea I noticed that too. Chipmunks usually don't hold still for longer than a second or two and this one was no exception. I'm actually surprised it came out as well as it did.

Keep practicing.

I currently have a XT with a 70-200 2.8, 28-70 2.8, 50 1.4. I am ready to upgrade my camera body to a 40D or a 5D, I can't decide.

I too was going to get a XSi to replace my Canon 20D, but then I decided that the XSi would not do what the 20D does not nor what the 40D Can do.

2616228824_db6db44dd1_o.jpg

Canon 20D with EOS to M42 Screw mount 1967 Asahi Takumar Lens.

I found that using old Pentex lenses give me more sharpness than my EOS lenses, and close to L glass lens.

This particular shot was the 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS EF-S. I figured I'd stick with this and the kit lens for now until I'm confident that it's a hobby I'll continue to pursue.

sell your XT, you can probably get around the same deal i got. i posted this in the other thread:

i got my 40D for ~$700. bought the whole kit on amazon.com
$1329.95 is the regular price there
-$200 canon rebates
-$50 xti to 40d canon rebate
- $67.11 amazon.com goldbox manipulation
- $500 sold my rebel xti on craigslist
- $315 sold the 28-135mm kit lens on craigslist
- $100 paid with it via sony card which gives $100 off a $300 purchase or higher

= $97.84 upgrade from rebel xti, which i got for $603.99 from amazon.com, making my 40d about $700

Back