Fuck Verizon

Weioo

Veteran XV
My fiancee just told me they are now charging $10/mo for unlimited texting. They are also raising the price of sending/receiving texts to 20 cents. Jesus, it's getting out of hand now. It might cost them 1/80th of a fucking penny to send a text. Fucking scamming faggots.

I'm not a big texter, I might send out 20-30 a month because it's just plain easier while I'm at work and what not... But I refuse to pay $10/mo and if it passes 20 cents I'll be done with that shit for good. :mad:

Last edited:
Well, we're all stupid enough to let them charge us to use their 'minutes'.

You know what the difference in cost for them to allow you to have 1000 minutes as opposed to 100000000 x 10^50000 is?

So of course they think they can do this.

I mean, c'mon, people in this country are stupid enough to buy things on loan.

"hey guys! let's buy this car for 125% of what it's worth!"

is this true?

Eh... I'm no expert but I think it's kinda true. Minutes don't cost them shit, obviously, but when you make a call or send a text, it uses bandwidth just like any telecommunications device. It costs money to maximize and continue to maximize bandwidth... Chances are we're overcharged like crazy and the bandwidth used from 500 minutes which costs ~$40 cost them $1 to sustain.

Spoiler

oldtimer rant
I remember when I would do fine without a cell phone . $45 bucks a month is too much for phone service... wish I could do without it, but I's trapped.

22988811.jpg

Yes, fuck them. Until you have to call 911 and need a cell reception.

Switch to AT&T.

oldtimer rant
I remember when I would do fine without a cell phone . $45 bucks a month is too much for phone service... wish I could do without it, but I's trapped.
They're making up for the mistake of allowing competition to drive land line prices down to something that was halfway reasonable for the consumer. It'll be a good long while before they allow that to happen again. Collusion ftw.

Eh, after getting kicked out of a Verizon store (arguing with the CSR because he was a retard) I switched to Sprint SERO. Never had a problem..and if I couldn't get Sprint service I just piggybacked on Verizon's for free. $35 and change for unlimited data/text/500 minutes..yes please. Fuck Verizon.

if you are only sending out 20-30 u can do the $5 a monthing thing for 250 total (in and out) texting.

I canceled my sprint account today and they said they are charging me for the rest of my bill cycle (2 weeks).

shouldnt I get a prorated bill from them?

Back