Best ultra compact P&S shoot digital camera under $200?

sister just bought that. look into the difference between black and silver. there was some talk of there being a difference between the black and silver model in terms of image quality. don't ask me why that would happen... i don't know.

other than that, the reviews of that camera have been favorable, as is usually the case with Canon cameras. i've been looking at a camera for my mother, and i considered this one, but the only reason i'm not getting it is because it doesn't have IS (Image Stabilization).

the SD1100 IS has it, but it's about $215 before shipping and tax.

sister just bought that. look into the difference between black and silver. there was some talk of there being a difference between the black and silver model in terms of image quality. don't ask me why that would happen... i don't know.

other than that, the reviews of that camera have been favorable, as is usually the case with Canon cameras. i've been looking at a camera for my mother, and i considered this one, but the only reason i'm not getting it is because it doesn't have IS (Image Stabilization).

the SD1100 IS has it, but it's about $215 before shipping and tax.

Thanks for pointing that out, could have sworn I saw elsewhere that it did... But yeah that's not the case. hrmm.

f you do go with the SD750 though, here's a deal:
Dell : Canon PowerShot SD750 Silver 7.1 MP 3X Zoom Digital Camera : Digital Cameras & Camcorders : Home & Home Office
coupon code: QW53$RK6VDN5S3

$150 before shipping and tax. (shipping was free i think)

then buy yourself a nice 4GB SDHC card somewhere (newegg) for about $20 shipped, bringing your total to about $183 after tax (for nyc at least... if you don't have tax, hey, even better)

or if you can't wait or want to buy in store, go to Costco and buy it for $180 + tax and get a free 2GB memory card
Costco - Canon SD750 7.1MP 3.0" 3x Optical 12x Total Battery & Charger

clearly the dell deal is better if you can wait.

Last edited:
I've got a Canon SD600 for my P&S from a couple ears ago and I'm very happy with it. When it eventually dies I'll replace it with another Canon most likely.

gman2.gif

yeah I would go with the SD1100, with the IS. That feature alone is worth the extra coin. The Elph series is the best when it comes to pocket sized cameras.

yeah I would go with the SD1100, with the IS. That feature alone is worth the extra coin. The Elph series is the best when it comes to pocket sized cameras.

This man speaks the truth. IS is so great I literally would never get another camera without it. It's especially helpful on zoomed in shots which will almost always be blurry without it (unless you have amazingly steady hands).

Panasonic FX Lineup. You chose.

It has one of the best lenses in a point and shoot camera (especially Ultra compact).

Also it does super high quality 16:9 video.

And they are very compact and rugged. (All metal case, scratch resistant glass. I don't use a case for mine and the screen is in perfect condition.)

Back