Who has taken the gmat

JustinCase

Contributor
Veteran XX
I haven't taken a standardized test since the SAT back in high school. How difficult is the gmat for someone who has been out of college for a year?

go for it, it is never too late to stop learning

ive taken a different path to education, i am a student of the universe now

I realized after a year that simply having a bachelors in business will get you almost no where unless you know someone. So I figured I would go back and spend a shit ton more money and pray that it gets me a job!

I realized after a year that simply having a bachelors in business will get you almost no where unless you know someone. So I figured I would go back and spend a shit ton more money and pray that it gets me a job!
are you planning on working while you get the MBA or are you still looking for work?

I have a job currently, it just doesn't pay well with no room to grow and I've all but given up trying to find somewhere else. My plan is to drop down to part time here to keep some money saved up while going to school full time again. I have really good credit and have almost paid off my under grad loans so I don't really see having the money as being a problem, just hoping the investment is worth it.

I took it after being out of college for about 5 years.

My two cents. I didn't bother studying for the reading part. Same as all others. The math part had sufficient information questions which I wasn't good at. Also, I would practice the writing section. There is a difference between writing an essay and writing a complete essay in 30 minutes.

I took it after being out of college for about 5 years.

My two cents. I didn't bother studying for the reading part. Same as all others. The math part had sufficient information questions which I wasn't good at. Also, I would practice the writing section. There is a difference between writing an essay and writing a complete essay in 30 minutes.
What were the math questions on? Was it just general concepts, or were there business-specific questions?

seriously if you want to make it in business being educated means jack shit, just start getting to know the important people

thats it

its not what you know its WHO you know, start getting to know them

I have no idea where to find jobs, I don't live where I went to school anymore so I can't use my contacts there to help me. The jobs on sites like monster and careerbuilder are nothing but shit and I can't stand trying to navigate all the spam.

I don't even know if I want to get a masters in business. I'm pretty smart but I can't decide what I want to do for a living

I have no idea where to find jobs, I don't live where I went to school anymore so I can't use my contacts there to help me. The jobs on sites like monster and careerbuilder are nothing but shit and I can't stand trying to navigate all the spam.

I don't even know if I want to get a masters in business. I'm pretty smart but I can't decide what I want to do for a living
I'm in the same boat.

If I'd known a couple years ago what I know now, I would have done my BS in CS and got an MBA. I'm doing things backwards and it's not working out.

(I thought you had to get a BA/BS in something before you could get an MA/MS in it. Stupid me.)

Yea getting a business degree was a mistake now that I look back, it's too vague of a field and with no experience almost impossible to find a good job

I might look into other fields for a masters but from what I've always heard there are pre-requisite classes to get into some of those programs.

Incoming Durak, to tell us all how amazingly awesome his engineering degree from Cornell is. And how anyone who is not an engineer is making the same as his gardener.

I've taken it. It does not test any particular business skills. Just a writing, basic math, and basic english section.

I have a friend who got an under grad degree in civil engineering, he got a job right out of school making 40k

I think my biggest regret is not getting such a specific degree like engineering

i just took it a month ago in my third year out of undergrad.

it's not terribly difficult. reread the questions after you come to an answer since every so often they do ask misleading questions. the aforementioned data sufficiency questions might be new to you but they are more conceptual than anything, so you don't need to know the exact details about solving a question. i'd grab the official gmat review book and do as many questions as you can.

Took it roughly 10 years after completing undergrad, scored over 700. Only prep I did was a bunch of practice tests. It's really not too bad.

took it two years after graduation, got a 750, got into all the places I applied at, but didn't end up going. not necessary.

Back