t-544601 Burger Recipes [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

Burger Recipes

Pages : [1] 2

link_
06-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Mom's birthday is tomorrow, but we are having a little party tonight. We are planning on grilling out and I wanted to make some thick juicy burgers.

I have never really branched out and made burgers any other way than with ground beef made into a patty.

How do you make your burgers?

kesh
06-07-2008, 12:43 PM
lets completely skip izods thread that has 2 recipes for burgers

link_
06-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Thats partly what prompted this thread u silly goose. I want a thread dedicated to burgers, now get your turmeric smelling indian ass out of my thread.

-§trife-
06-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Salt, pepper. Loosely formed patties, flip once, don't press down on it with the spatula.

If you wanna get creative do so with the toppings. Blue cheese, gruyere, bacon, foie gras if you wanna spend some extra dough. Get good buns too.

kesh
06-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Thats partly what prompted this thread u silly goose. I want a thread dedicated to burgers, now get your turmeric smelling indian ass out of my thread.

turmeric doesn't smell

Seraph
06-07-2008, 12:47 PM
1.) Get Meat
2.) Shape meat into patty shape
3.)Cook meat on a grill

aScotiA
06-07-2008, 12:47 PM
minced/crushed garlic (or garlic powder)
onion powder
ground pepper
salt
dash of worcestershire sauce

5 simple spices that will produce a tasty burger. just divide your ground beef into as many burgers as you're going to make, and coat the top of each with these spices. don't add too much of anything except maybe garlic. work the spices into each ball of beef and then form your patties.

guard|an
06-07-2008, 12:51 PM
If you're adding anything other than spices use an egg to bind it to the meat. There's really nothing you can't put in a burger. The sky's the limit.

I like tomatoes and onions in my burgers personally. (diced)

aScotiA
06-07-2008, 12:52 PM
a lady friend of mine said she got a burger in england that had mint leaves and honey on it (probably among a few other things that i don't remember). i thought that seemed like an interesting variation

Artemis Pockels
06-07-2008, 12:55 PM
a lady friend of mine said she got a burger in england that had mint leaves and honey on it (probably among a few other things that i don't remember). i thought that seemed like an interesting variation

semen?

Brasstax
06-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Alton Brown got me started grinding my own burger meat:
8 ounces chuck, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
8 ounces sirloin, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

In separate batches, pulse the chuck and the sirloin in a food processor 10 times. Combine the chuck, sirloin, and kosher salt in a large bowl. Form the meat into patties.

If you are grilling, grill them like normal - I only turn burgers once but do whatever you do.

If You are doing them inside -
Form the meat into 5-ounce patties.
Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Place the hamburger patties in the pan. For medium-rare burgers, cook the patties for 4 minutes on each side. For medium burgers, cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side. Flip the burgers only once during cooking.

From Alton Brown - Burger of the Gods

Do all your sauces / condiments on the side. Leave the meat as a perfect canvas for everyones burger creations. I will give you a hint that will make your burgers a total hit though -

Get set up on your grill to do some grilled onions. Just get some onions, (slice them thin) find a pan or a griddle for your grill - add a little butter / oil and grill those babies until they are nicely carmelized/browned. The smell KILLS people.

zeph
06-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Well, I usually get enough meat for 2 decent sized patties, I like them thick and round rather than wider and flatter. I mix 1 egg and and crush up half a slice of bread and mix it with steak seasoning and the beef. Once I'm done with that I toss in a little bit of A1 sauce of some kind, or Worcestershire sauce. I mix it all thoroughly and usually pull it off when I know its medium at most, gotta have the juiciness still in the burger. I top it with an onion, grilled/raw, and sometimes a fresh tomato.

Notorious
06-07-2008, 12:59 PM
make sure you use ground chuck. it is the best beef for making burgers

Voidsinger
06-07-2008, 01:04 PM
5BofZwfPXrY

ydjWJ73LWkg

nxIwGQqAFWg

I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about.

Blank
06-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Bobby Flay taught me this one:

Equal parts meat and cilantro, cooked medium, insert burger into a tortilla.

Profit.

Tribalbob
06-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Alton Brown got me started grinding my own burger meat:
8 ounces chuck, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
8 ounces sirloin, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

In separate batches, pulse the chuck and the sirloin in a food processor 10 times. Combine the chuck, sirloin, and kosher salt in a large bowl. Form the meat into patties.

If you are grilling, grill them like normal - I only turn burgers once but do whatever you do.

If You are doing them inside -
Form the meat into 5-ounce patties.
Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Place the hamburger patties in the pan. For medium-rare burgers, cook the patties for 4 minutes on each side. For medium burgers, cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side. Flip the burgers only once during cooking.

From Alton Brown - Burger of the Gods

Do all your sauces / condiments on the side. Leave the meat as a perfect canvas for everyones burger creations. I will give you a hint that will make your burgers a total hit though -

Get set up on your grill to do some grilled onions. Just get some onions, (slice them thin) find a pan or a griddle for your grill - add a little butter / oil and grill those babies until they are nicely carmelized/browned. The smell KILLS people.

thanks you pretentious ****.

any burger recipe that requires more than a brief list of ingredients is gay.

guard|an
06-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Bobby Flay taught me this one:

Equal parts meat and cilantro, cooked medium, insert burger into a tortilla.

Profit.

He always says "I just wanted to show the diversity of this (insert secret ingredient here)." but ends up only doing Tex-Mex and Latin foods. If I see him make a mango salsa one more time I'll lose it.

Iron Chef my ass. He loses 90% of his throw downs too.

Blank
06-07-2008, 01:16 PM
He always says "I just wanted to show the diversity of this (insert secret ingredient here)." but ends up only doing Tex-Mex and Latin foods. If I see him make a mango salsa one more time I'll lose it.

Iron Chef my ass. He loses 90% of his throw downs too.

the secret ingredient is cilantro.

guard|an
06-07-2008, 01:17 PM
the secret ingredient is cilantro.

I'm not saying he isn't a great latino, tex-mex grill man. He just can't do much else.

-Jekyll
06-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Definitely use chuck and dont get meat that is leaner that 85%. Its obviously higher in fat, but that makes for a tastier burger. Also be sure to make the patties a little bigger than you want because they will shrink on the grill because of the excess fat.

As far as the seasoning is concerned, if you want to keep it simple, go for this: Bam!Burger Seasoning (3.72-oz.) by Emeril Lagasse - Food Network (http://www.foodnetworkstore.com/p-623100--_BamBurger-Seasoning.aspx)

I used it for the first time a few weeks ago and it makes a damn good burger. You can get it at most grocery stores. I also added a tablespoon of olive oil to a pound and a half of chuck, which made for a really juicy burger. You may want to experiment with that one first before trying to impress guests with it.