The dance floor silly

not a chance, the English techno/rap area is already years ahead.

also the one decent rap/techno song here in America is getting very little/no airtime.

we're talking about the "me generation" and music catered for dance floors & dollars rather than technical ability/quality of performer (it's meant to dance to, not to convey a message).

you can hardly dance to that. Unless you're doing some aweful nig nog dance, or grinding up on some chick.

I hate going to a place that plays actual music you can dance to and by the end of the night all they are playing is rap shit and the dance floor is just a big orgy of people grinding on each other. Sure thats fun for a little bit but for a prolonged period of time its repetitive.

not a chance, the English techno/rap area is already years ahead.

funny... sounds like jungle brothers circa 1993.

nah... UK still aint invented shit in modern music.

the sad thing is that the best music in hip hop and electronica form the US usually is ignored by the industry, which is understandably trying to make cash off the hot pockets of tweens.

the sad thing is that the best music in hip hop and electronica form the US usually is ignored by the industry, which is understandably trying to make cash off the hot pockets of tweens.

That has always been the problem with the modern music industry. Its a business and the job of a business is to make money. The problem came in when they realized they can market bullshit far better than they can market solid/intelligent music. And with the bullshit its far easier to pop a million out at a time in hopes that main stream latches on.

That has always been the problem with the modern music industry. Its a business and the job of a business is to make money. The problem came in when they realized they can market bullshit far better than they can market solid/intelligent music. And with the bullshit its far easier to pop a million out at a time in hopes that main stream latches on.

exactly, and even the good rappers who were back in the late 90's got lazy when they realized all they had to do was make a catchy single and they would outsell their classic albums.

This thread is now about the JUNGLE BROTHERS.

south bronx. real hip hop, mother fuckers.

<--- 1988

propellerheads - take california

Last edited:
New rap/rock stuff with a cartoon video. Song starts at :36 and the rap (supposedly a freestyle done in studio) starts at 1:11

more bronx shit...

company flow

i really liked Company Flow back in the day.

anyhow do you remember they had a video that was simular were it was a camera going through the subway and city but they overlaid a graffiti line that was moving along the walls and what not. Every once in a while it would go all crazy and do a throw up and keep going.

I always wanted to find that vid and never could.

Back