Do any modern composers hold a candle to John Williams?

Finally an akuma thread that doesn't consist of unbridled emoism and digital faggotry...

:signed:

Although his music ain't what it used to be

Last edited:
Are you serious? Not that John Williams scores aren't great for movies, but he rips off so many melodies it's hard to consider it composing.

Read up on a guy named Eric Whitacre. He does a lot of choral work, but he's written some amazing stuff for winds. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but he does some really neat work.

They all rip off each other.

Every artists rips off someone else.

"Inspired by" is the fuckin backbone of art.

everything the man composes sounds the same, with the exception of the saving private ryan soundtrack.

plus, as stated before, he's ripped off other composers to the extent that you cannot call it inspiration.

i know someone who would rip you a new asshole talking about this
she hates williams

i dont mind him but she will bring up how much he copies/sounds the same for hours if you disagree

i never bring it up

They all rip off each other.

Every artists rips off someone else.

"Inspired by" is the fuckin backbone of art.

You're right. Musicians are certainly inspired by what they hear and use that to write their music, and sometimes they tread a fine line between inspired by and used verbatim. But that's not the case with John Williams.

can you guys tell me who john williams ripped off to compose jaws, indiana jones, star wars, e.t., superman?

Back