Fix my video card!

I'm trying to set up my PC to run dual screen with my TV.

I run the Nvidia Control Panel, but when I click the Multiple Display Wizard...nothing happens. Nothing ...at all.

What gives? I need to run this thing to get the TV to work.

...Hrm. I downloaded that and..it achieved nothing. I'm missing something, apparently.

I think something just got fucked up when I installed the NVidia drivers someone posted on here a few weeks ago.

brainwitelsonxd4.jpg

Is everything plugged in? You may need to tell Windows to enable the TV.

Right click desktop -> properties -> settings tab -> make sure 2 monitors are showing up and both are enabled.

Is everything plugged in? You may need to tell Windows to enable the TV.

Right click desktop -> properties -> settings tab -> make sure 2 monitors are showing up and both are enabled.

I see both monitors, and I have "extend my desktop" enabled.

When I try to setup multiple displays, the TV flickers and shit. The colors on my adapter/component cord all match up.

The issue is that I need to run the wizard, but clicking it doesn't do anything. I guess I'll just revert my drivers.

Check the display settings in UltraMon? Update your vid drivers? Whatever your issue, it sounds fairly specific. I'd just start from scratch with your vid card and don't use nVidia's Control Panel, only the drivers, it's crap.

Fucking great. Now my Windows is telling me I need to reactivate because of significant hardware changes, and that my CDKey has been used too many times.

Also, the Nvidia drivers I just downloaded off of the Nvidia website won't install.

This has just gotten real shitty, real fast.

Fucking great. Now my Windows is telling me I need to reactivate because of significant hardware changes, and that my CDKey has been used too many times.

Also, the Nvidia drivers I just downloaded off of the Nvidia website won't install.

This has just gotten real shitty, real fast.
Make sure you clear all the old drivers off your system before installing new ones.

yea, I did. Now my display is complete balls. I think I just downloaded the wrong drivers on accident is all.

Still, why is Windows now telling me my CDkey is overused? I've only used it on this one PC.

So I've got the monitor working, but now my Windows is being ultragay. *sigh*

Not sure why it would want me to reactivate...and then tell me I'm using a used key.

Ok what the fuck now it activated. Lord.

Last edited:
Back