[Grilling] What are your favorite rubs for chicken, burgers or steak?

I am about to grill some chicken breast to go with some fettucini alfredo and broccoli. The breast is soaking in salt water right now and I can't figure out what to rub on it. SUGGESTIONS

When I've bbqed pork shoulders (skin on of course) it's usually just ground black pepper and kosher salt. I tried olive oil, marsala cooking wine, garlic and oregano on a burger once and it turned out pretty good.

i did rosmary, roasted garlic, and olive oil in a blender the other day and pasted that on. came out pretty good. wouldn't consider it a "rub" though.

Salt, pepper, rosemary. Perhaps some basil and oregano but go light. Rosemary on chicken rocks especially with fettucini.

Rub the chicken in seasoned salt, then cut holes in it and insert chunks of fresh cut garlic.

oh man, just took it off the grill...its one of the juiciest pieces of chicken i've ever eaten. Soaking in salt water is the way to go for chicken. Anyway, I couldn't find rosemary so I combined black pepper, garlic salt, paprika and olive oil in a bowl and brushed that on. Olive oil gives meat great grill lines. The overall spice combo is pretty subtle but more would detract from it.

Standup2.jpg

Oh my god. It is so god damn good. You can put it on ANYTHING and it instantly tastes 808383 times better.

I'd always include some type of sugar for chicken. Beef doesn't need it as much. Anything whether its brown sugar, honey, or even plain white to help get some browning on the outside. And some spices obviously.

Last edited:
Back