[lol]Evolution is not observable, still up for debate

Code4

BP's Pimpx
Veteran XV
I enjoy skimming through letters to the editors. It's fun to laugh at retards. This one just made me lol while reading it.

Back story:
Evidently LA state legislators are trying to pass a bill to include "intellegent design" science class.
Evolution is not observable, still up for debate- NOLA.com

"Re: "BESE sending mixed message: 2 science teaching bills come up for debate," May 3, Page A2.

Teaching students that science is based on gathering observable, measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning should be a fundamental element of education. However, the graphics and text of many "science" books used today meld fact and opinions into fiction.

So it is with evolution. What began as a theory or hypothesis in the 1830s by Charles Darwin remains that today -- a theory. But loyal followers are not deterred by the fact that Darwin's theory, which would require millions upon millions of ever-evolving transitional species, has yet to be "proven" by a single transitional fossil.

An intelligent discussion of features of the universe and living things being explained by an intelligent cause, rather than by an undirected process such as natural selection, would be a worthwhile dialogue in a humanities class and one that would challenge young minds to absorb the known data and decide for themselves what they believe.

However, discussions of natural selection have no more business in a science classroom than intelligent cause. Each is a belief system. Neither is observable, empirical or measurable in a science classroom today.

While we can agree that religious instruction doesn't fit in science class, if you are going to introduce natural selection you must allow equal opportunity for other belief systems to allow for unbiased critical thinking in the students.

To introduce in the same textbook scientific process (hypothesis, experimentation, and measurement of results) and then opinions of events that occurred prior to recorded history without introducing other opinions muddles a child's thinking regarding the scientific process. "

Sigh, what do they think "transitional fossils" are?!? Every fossil is a transitional fossil, there's no such thing as stasis.

But they have a good very good point. Likewise, I have been pushing for equal time to the theory that Hemmingway was a transsexual in English class, that mathematics is only true because we believe it to be in Calculus, and that God's love powers us in Biology (God actually created the need to eat because he loves making poop).

Superweiner, I don't know who you are but I've read two of your posts now and you are one awesome meber/smurf.

The person is right..it is just a theory, a scientific theory. Science is based on scientific theories, there are very little scientific facts.

platypus-03-swimming.JPG

Sigh, what do they think "transitional fossils" are?!? Every fossil is a transitional fossil, there's no such thing as stasis.

But they have a good very good point. Likewise, I have been pushing for equal time to the theory that Hemmingway was a transsexual in English class, that mathematics is only true because we believe it to be in Calculus, and that God's love powers us in Biology (God actually created the need to eat because he loves making poop).

I like this members post.

ETA til we ban him for being annoying?

Nice shot, this is a great summation of evolution.

Humans are majorly transitional, we haven't evolved at ALL in terms of the lives we lead now. Selection pressures for typing and applying the foot on the throttle and switching the lights off when you leave a room and eating french fries haven't fully expressed themselves yet.

hmm, el mar posting... codfire.... and this non-retarded member.... perhaps this thread is evolution of tw?

You say that languages evolved? Well, where are all the half-formed, "transitional" languages?

Old english? Just a dialect of english. That's microevolution and it doesn't prove a thing.

Back