Anyone in Fort Lauderdale, FL? I need temp place to $$tay

B=E=N=C=H

Veteran XV
Yeah, I was just hired as a table games dealer at the Hard Rock Cafe in Hollywood. If you guys know any place I could rent temporarily until I find a permanent place I would appreciate it. I'm willing to pay around $400 a month.

$400 a month will get you a closet. Seriously, you're not going to find anything for that price unless it's a duplex with 10 people living in it. You'd have to share a studio with someone else. Just about anything you rent goes for $800 and up. You'll have to ask the workers at the Hard Rock where they go. Surfing Craigslist is probably the best idea.

Last edited:
yeaaaah every once in a while some guy in Florida will post a thread saying hes looking for a place for cheap and then everyone writes back going lol this is Florida it's expensives here! A

Well yeah, it's expensive, but we don't pay state taxes because tourism covers it. If someone did have a room available in a house, they'd probably have a family member using it, because most people are out of work.

The best idea for the OP will be to rent a studio on Craigslist, find a ho at work who is also renting, hook up with her, and both people find a new place. Apartments go for $1200. Renting a house goes for $1600-$2000.

Well yeah, it's expensive, but we don't pay state taxes because tourism covers it. If someone did have a room available in a house, they'd probably have a family member using it, because most people are out of work.

The best idea for the OP will be to rent a studio on Craigslist, find a ho at work who is also renting, hook up with her, and both people find a new place. Apartments go for $1200. Renting a house goes for $1600-$2000.

Eh... My grandma is renting a house out in The Villages for $1200/mo.

Yeah, my parents live in Leesburg and the house prices are much less.
But we're talking Hollywood Florida, and the Hard Rock is located out west near the turnpike. That's an expensive area if you are on the west side. He'll probably have to stay to the east where they have Duplexes.

Yeah, I was just hired as a table games dealer at the Hard Rock Cafe in Hollywood. If you guys know any place I could rent temporarily until I find a permanent place I would appreciate it. I'm willing to pay around $400 a month.

minimum i would say $650 can get you something, i say that because student flyers at school have it posted all over the walls.

if i have a chance i'll see if i can find one and post it for you.

meh, you can find a room to rent for $500 a month, check craigslist or walk the college campuses in Davie and get some flyers.

Yeah, my parents live in Leesburg and the house prices are much less.
But we're talking Hollywood Florida, and the Hard Rock is located out west near the turnpike. That's an expensive area if you are on the west side. He'll probably have to stay to the east where they have Duplexes.

I'm in hollywood and rent is only 1225 for a place RIGHT on the beach... it gets cheaper the farther inland you go.

EDIT: One by young circle for $850 Hollywood---Remodeled & Ready for You to Move In

I live in Lauderhill, which is only maybe 20 minutes up the turnpike from Hard Rock, and its about the cheapest housing you'll find in Ft Lauderdale. Then again, there are some pretty sleezy places in Hollywood too.

I was paying $650 to live just off 441 and Hollywood, but it was wicked ghetto. Try and find a place east of 95 if at all possible, everything west of it is shitty for miles.

400 a month LOL

400 a month doesn't get you shit

start working the mcdonald's day shift

400 a month about pays for my gas.

also when did florida get fucking expensive? guess I have to retire to arizona.

Place is expensive, I remember can cokes in the vending machines being like $2 on the beach. That was over 10 years ago.

The ghetto areas are along I-95 on either side.
You start at the beach which is expensive because you're near the water. Then it gets worse as you reach I-95. Lots of trailer parks west of I-95 until you get near 441. That's where the Hard Rock is located. From there you find the suburbs where things get expensive.

Pros about living down here, great weather year around. The summer is never burning hot because the wind blows off the ocean and it usually rains in the afternoon. In the winter we wear shorts.

Cons about living down here, hurricanes, high home (rent) prices. Everything else costs the same when it comes to gas and food.

Back