[home audio] looking at surround home theater need advice

Jungle Fish

Veteran X
I am looking for the best affordable [$400-600] surround sound speaker system. I will be using this with my hdtv (ps3, 360).

I don't need one of those upscaling dvd/receivers with it (ps3 used manly for bd/dvd upscaling etc.) but i do need a receiver with it.

I was looking at reviews on cnet of onkyos but i have no idea where to buy those in canada. Futureshop and best buy canada want a shit ton of money for what they sell.

I am not looking for an incredibly loud system, just something with really amazing sound.

I am getting a headache looking at these things but i am really sick of the sound I am getting from some shitty x-540's logitechs I have plugged in (so ghetto).

fixed:

needs to have optical, hdmi, and component receiver.

Last edited:
I am looking for the best affordable [$400-600] surround sound speaker system. I will be using this with my hdtv (ps3, 360).

I don't need one of those upscaling dvd/receivers with it (ps3 used manly for bd/dvd upscaling etc.) but i do need a receiver with it.

I was looking at reviews on cnet of onkyos but i have no idea where to buy those in canada. Futureshop and best buy canada want a shit ton of money for what they sell.

I am not looking for an incredibly loud system, just something with really amazing sound.

I am getting a headache looking at these things but i am really sick of the sound I am getting from some shitty x-540's logitechs I have plugged in (so ghetto).
Fixed

thx i am tired

i don't want to get it shipped from the states, i always get jipped on the duties, gst/pst and brokerage fee's . (i don't think onkyos are made in the states so i can safely say i will be nailed with duties and gst/pst and then comes the brokerage fees)
the Onkyo HT-SR800 7.1 Home Theater Entertainment System is what i was originally looking at.. still can't find it for that cheap in canada.

Last edited:
Back