[Serious]Christian Fundamentalists

Odio

Contributor
Veteran XX
On what page of the bible does it stipulate your purpose in life is to save other peoples souls from damnation?

I don't really know, but I know somewhere there is a reference to going out and spreading the word of god. I think it was somewhere where Paul was setting up the church.

Matthew 28: 16-20

16Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

17And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

theres a whole bunch of verses if your not satisfied

the bible says to teach others the "good news" or whatever

but it doesnt say to be a fucking prick about it

matthew 28 19:20

fuck you kaos i was going to post it from memory

go ye therefore and teach all nations baptizing them in the name of the father, and of the son and of the holy ghost. teaching them to observe all things i have commanded you. and lo, i am with you alway, even until the end of the earth (age)

fucking favorite bible verse for me

I wish we could get it in modern english, with all the words translated properly

stfu

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

I wish we could get it in modern english, with all the words translated properly

Go pick up a Strongs Concordance and look at the greek.

They go off the Antioch Texts, not the Alexandria texts

Alexandria texts are garbage

The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
isaiah 40:8

beautiful scripture

"Blindly believe something that hard science can disprove over and over, just because it makes you feel better. Then take that blatant ignorance and impose it on nations and the world."

Close enough?

if you saw someone about to get run over by a bus, and you could save them, wouldn't you do it?

except for us, we're just saving your life, we're saving you from eternal damnation.

if you saw someone about to get run over by a bus, and you could save them, wouldn't you do it?

except for us, Christ's not just saving your life, He's saving you from eternal damnation.

Fixed

Back